Spring Break

Okay, I wrote this a long time ago, but never posted so here you go, my post from spring break back in April. (:"

Yesterday my parents left after a ten day visit. Now, I am sitting at the computer pouting a little because it is quite lonely in my house after sending them back home, sending Bri back to work, and sending my older girls back to school.

We were lucky to have a week without sickness while they were here, and luckily Raegan was finished with her antibiotics from having Strep throat, phneumonia, and an ear infection all at the same time last month. We also had some great days with little or no rain.

So, here were our events of spring break...

*Went grocery shopping with my mom- I love to do this, she always has some great ideas and fun recipes to try.

*Watched conference- Yes, I love General Conference time and it was even better sharing it with grandma and grandpa.

*Girls night in- you probably have heard me talk about this before. When the men go to priesthood, we have a girls' night with banana splits (all the works of course) and some kind of chick flick. This year Shay and Tera did it with us and we watched Heidi. Fun.. (:

*Made great food- rolls, greek salads, vegetarian lasagna...

*Drove to Williamsburg and stayed in a hotel for a couple of nights. The best part of this was the hotel and the food. Pretty much our healthy eating ideas went right out the window. We went to a seafood buffet, which was good, but way too expensive... and a really good Mongolian buffet. My girls LOVED the swimming. In the evenings, we went to my parents room (next door) and played games, ate homemade black licorice, and talked.
Williamsburg was fun, but for some reason I talked everyone out of getting the tickets to take the tour of the capitol and the governor's palace and so it was fun to see, but a little uneventful.

*Jamestowne- This was the best part of our Williamsburg trip (besides the hotel and the swimming). It was very hands on and the kids loved it! I really helped them understand how the Colonists and Native Americans lived.

Hmmm... I guess I didn't finish this and I can't remember what else we did. Oh well, it was fun. Come visit again mom and dad!

Comments

You were all so wonderful to us! Thank you. On the way home, the flight attendant asked me if I was all right because my eyes were so red. I said, "I'm missing my sweet daughter!" I love you and your darling family so much. Mom
By the way, Brendi, we stayed 12 days! And we also did Easter, and traveled north to Gettysburg and also out to Mt. Vernon, remember?
What a great time!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet