April and May

Okay, this is a catch up post. Yes, I have been a slacker with my posting lately, but since this blog is mostly a journal for me, I'm going to quickly catch up on the happenings for the past couple months. Feel free to skim... (:

*Bought a new sectional and console for our t.v. room downstairs. Yes, it is officially not our play room (at least in one side of the room). We divided it in half, bought a new console for our tv and a new sectional and moved our toys and bookshelves. Whooo hoo! We love it! Finally, we want to stay in our basement. I will take pictures and post soon.

*Spring break with mom and dad! This was awesome. We had a great time and loved their visit. We're waiting for another soon mom and dad!

*John (my cousin), Ruth, and their little boy Jeffrey came to visit while they were going through chemo with Jeffery in Philadelphia. They spent one day in DC and then we dragged them to Ashtyn's ballet the next evening with us. We had a great time with them and love them so much. We pray for little Jeffrey's eye to heal quickly.

* Ashtyn did a Cinderella ballet recital that she has been practicing for months. This time she didn't get hives!!! Although it was only about five minutes they were on stage, it was very cute and got a whole lot of smiles.

*I had a mommy daughter date with Teralyn to the National zoo. We had a hotdog and icecream for lunch. Yum!

* Raegan turned two. I think I'll do another post about this later... (:

*Michelle (Brian's sister) came to visit for a week. We had a lot of picnics and just hanging out. Loved it.

*NYC trip. This was my first trip to NYC. I have been to the Statue of Liberty before, but never actually in NYC. So, Michelle and I decided to do this two days before we left. Very spontaneous for me... Vanessa watched my girls for me on Friday and Bri watched them on Saturday. We flew up on Friday morning and stayed just until Saturday night. We had a blast! We saw the Empire State Building, Ground Zero, had lunch in Little Italy, walked the Brooklyn Bridge, had a NYC bagel, ran through Central Park, saw Times Square, saw NBC studios, went to Phantom of the Opera, bargained on Canal Street, walked through China town, visited St. Patricks Cathedral, The American Girl Place, got a taxi ride and did a little shopping on Fifth Avenue. Phew! We were so tired, but it was so worth it.
My favorite part?? Definitely Phantom of the Opera oh, and not having to drive in the city!

*Kids Day! This year we did our traditional cold breakfast in the park and then we headed on up to Sandy Point to try and do crab fishing. We got there close to the afternoon though so the crabs weren't biting. It was fun to try though. We gave up finally and went swimming at the beach. Which the girls loved. I'm not so sure if they loved crabbing or not though... We headed home just in time for rain and watched a movie with homemade pizza.

*Said goodbye to Aunt Michelle, our most frequent visitor... ): Come back soon!
I'll post pictures later.

Comments

Sounds like a lot of fun with visitors! NYC sounded great too! I can't wait to see pictures of your new room downstairs.
The Smiths said…
How fun for you and Teralyn to have a mommy daughter date! Great idea!
Cami said…
Fun! Happy for you about the basement being all organized. I do love a good media basement. And yay for NY! I can't believe you've never been there! But hey, you've been to London, so it's not like you've never been ANYwhere. Sounds like you had a great time.
Jann said…
You have been very busy with fun things. How great. I will come see your fun new furniture tomorrow at the tupperware party.
Julia said…
So much fun! Wish I could've seen her Ballet recital. Our girls just did theirs too... a song from Les Mis. I love seeing the young ones too though... they just smile & look adorable & everyone loves it.

Sounds like you've had fun times! Still miss you guys!
Tracy said…
We need to have a girls night in your new room with your fancy tv and new couch!
Jenni said…
Your NY trip sounded so fun!! And yay for the new stuff in your basement - can't wait to see the pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet