Oh Baby!!

Now that my nausea is starting to dissipate, I can concentrate enough to write a blog about our baby to be... Yes, #5 is on it's way. Four more weeks and I can give you a gender. I'll try to stay posted.

It's been a crazy four months for us. I had quite a few problems with this pregnancy and was told that I only had a 20% chance of making it. We were even given the option to "get it over with quicker" and take a pill to get my uterus to contract. Thank goodness we didn't do that. A week later, we saw a heartbeat and every week after that the doctors were amazed that this baby was still growing. The problem was, it implanted very very low in my uterus and I had lots of cramping, bleeding, etc. We had actually told all our family that I had miscarried, because we thought I had. We were pretty amazed to find out I hadn't.

I also received a wonderful blessing during this whole time from Brian. Which I believe had quite a lot to do with how blessed we have been. I do feel so blessed. Every day I think how grateful I am to already have four healthy little girls. My heart breaks for those who don't and I thank Heavenly Father daily for this chance I have to be a mom.

Another worry I had, and still do to a small degree, is will our baby be healthy. My hormones when I started my pregnancy were so low that I was put on progesterone pills. I was also told that there is a possibility that something could be wrong with our baby. That wasn't easy to hear, but as time has gone by, I am trying to have faith and relying on the Lord that everything will be fine. And, as much as it bugs me that Brian doesn't worry one bit, it is also a little reassuring. We both know that if something is wrong with our baby, we would still give our all and love and cherish it no matter what.

Phew! So that is what I have been going through for the past four months or so. I am so excited to be finally getting over the nausea (although today made me realize it's not totally gone) and have enough energy to not fall asleep every time I read a book to Raegan, but that hasn't happened either. Oh well, it will someday right?

Comments

What a difficult ride. It's so great we can have blessings and be comforted. I lost a baby once, and I think only a blessing is what got me through it, though of course, it was still one of the hardest things for me. Good Luck the rest of the pregnancy and congratulations!! You have such a beautiful family!!
Yippeee! I didn't know you were pregnant. Congrats! I am so excited for you. It sounds like you have had a tough couple of months, though. That baby sounds like a little fighter.
Emily said…
Congratulations! I am so glad that everything has gone okay so far. Now that I know I'll keep you in my prayers.
Christie said…
Congratulations! How fun! Well, fun in theory I suppose. Sorry you've had a rough time. I hope things pick up in the last portion of your pregnancy
COOLWHIP said…
I had no idea you were going through all that. I can relate. Enjoy the rest of the ride!
Jann said…
Congratulations. That is really scary to be dealing with all you have dealt with. I am excited for you.
Meg said…
Sounds like you've had a similar experience to my pregnancy with Kiree. She was very low in my uterus and I had very similar problems. What an emotional rollercoaster. Hopefully it's smoother sailing from here on out for you!
Jenni said…
Congratulations!! I am so sorry for the tough times though. I know how hard that can be and I will keep you in my prayers. I can't wait to hear if its a boy or girl!!
Julia said…
Congratulations!!! I'm so glad that things are looking up for your little one--probably means it's going to be a boy, they do tend to be more difficult ;) I'm JUST KIDDING!!! time to go make more baby blankets...
ashlee said…
i'm glad things are getting better. and sorry you've had such a scary time. i've been there (we were told with Bode to have a D&C at 7 wks for "non-viability" and told them we wanted to wait another week. thankfully because there was a heartbeat then!). i've always needed extra progesterone and anyway. i feel for what you've been through. i hope things get easier. i'm excited for you!
Corinne said…
I'm so thrilled for your family - may it be all smooth sailing from now on :)
carilarkins said…
I'm glad you updated your blog. I'm so sorry it's been so rough for you. I took Progesterone during fertility treatments and for the first 12 weeks of both pregnancies. I hate that stuff--except the part about how it saves the baby. It makes you feel SO tired. I hope you're off it now and feeling better. Congratulations! We can't wait to find out the gender!
Cami said…
My goodness! that is quite the business. Corinne told me some of the news on the phone a while ago. I'm SO happy for you! Congrats and good luck!
Dawn said…
well baby number 5 is obviously meant to be here, I'm sure all will go well but i know you would love baby whatever
What wonderful news! Congratulations! So happy to hear that things are progressing and hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing!
Miss seeing you guys every Sunday even if it was just a quick hello most of the time. :)
Jeri said…
You will make a great family of seven! I hope the road ahead is a little smoother for you. Hang in there.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet