We moved!

Am I really writing in my blog??? It does feel a little weird. But, I am feeling more and more normal now that I have a baby that is sleeping through the night and has been weaned!! Just this morning actually. It tears me up a little to think that she is my last, but you know it has to happen sometime. Oh, and don't get me wrong, it also makes me smile that I am not attached every minute to my sweet bundle of joy... so it's really not that much of a tear jerker, if I don't think about it too much. (:

So, life is busy, but great! At the end of June we sold our good old town house in Maryland (sob sob) and with tears in our eyes, moved ourselves to Utah... Yes, it's been a little of both just like the baby thing. I cry one day about it, but the next I am ecstatic to be close to my family!!! We've had a bawl. And, catching up with old friends has been great too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE not having it rain every other day and the sunshine is putting lots of great D hormones in my body that is making me and my family happy. I do love those beautiful Utah mountains that I get to see every single day, but I have to say, I miss all those beautiful Maryland green trees. So, there is good and bad to life and you take what you get and live with it right?? That's at least what I am always telling my girls. Maybe we will both get it someday.

Brian's new job in Utah is going so so. On and off every day. We shall see how it pans out. We live in a cute neighborhood in South Jordan while our house is getting built!! We are building a home right under the Oqurrih temple. We can't wait! It will be around February before we actually move in though. We have been really really blessed to find a rental house close to the one we are building and it's been perfect because we can attend the same school that we will be in next year.

Now that things are starting to normalize in our lives finally, Brian and I decided to train for another half-marathon in October. After the last one I really didn't think I would do it again, but peer pressure can do a lot I tell ya..... No really, I am really excited to finally run again and feel good again. I mean, it's not every day that I am not nursing, pregnant, or on bed rest for something or another.... And, it's all down hill. What can be better than that??

Comments

Jenni said…
I'm so glad you are doing well in your new place! How neat to be building right next to the Oqurrih Mt temple! Best wishes to you all!
Cami said…
YAY! You seriously live about 15 minutes from me! We need to have you guys over. You said all the same things we felt when we moved here (and still feel). It's kind of a hard adjustment, isn't it? But we need to get together, and not the way I've been telling the Travellers we need to get together (which means we still haven't), but REALLY get together. We live just by Thanksgiving Point, so if you're ever in the neighborhood, give us a call!!
Julia said…
South Jordan!! I may have to come visit you when I visit my sister over Christmas--she lives in South Jordan too!!! Actually just a street or two south of West Jordan, but still not too far from you, I'm sure!
Deb said…
i keep checking in to see if you'll return and you have! i'm sure it's a huge change for everyone but building a new house (with a yard!) has got to be some compensation! :)
Kim said…
Did you run your half marathon? If so, how did it go? BTW, we miss you over here in MD, but glad to see things are going well for you all!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Club Feet

Brynley Anne Whipple