On to Summer...

Okay, where has the time gone? Has it really been that long since I have posted? And I thought the summer would give me more time... So, instead of giving a huge summary of my last two and a half weeks, I am going to quickly recap what we have been up to:
  • End of school activities: kindergarten luau, volunteer appreciation assembly, kindergarten picnic, last day of school parties.
  • Savage Fest- This is a little festival by the Savage Mill that we go to every year. We did this quickly (it was a really hot day!), but the girls had fun on the pony and horse rides and the moon bounces.
  • Father's Day- Good day. We had stuffed shells, Bri got a digital picture frame for his office, lots of home made cards and we made calls to our dads. Brian even got breakfast in bed this year (my kids couldn't believe he slept in longer than mommy!)
  • Play Dates- a necessity in the summer I've decided.
  • New camera for me!- I have been wanting this for a very long time. Sorry Bri, I know you wanted that HGTV. Anyway, I finally got a digital SLR and I am so excited!!
  • Swimming lessons- yes, the swimming is coming along, slowly but surely.
  • New swamp in our front yard- Hmmm... could it be a broken water pipe.....
  • Ashtyn's four year princess birthday party- I had to do the princess theme I don't know if I would have been able to get away with anything else. It seems that's all she can think about lately. To give you some idea, the other day she threw a penny into a fountain and made a wish. I asked her what she wished for and she said to be a princess. Then, Dora (the Explorer) asked her the other day what she was going to be when she grew up and of course, a fairy princess. She doesn't even want me to do her hair anymore for fear that it won't look like Sleeping Beauty..... I am starting to get a little panicked. We will ever get away from the princesses???
The princess party turned out fun, a little crazy at times, but fun. I made a castle cake, we read Princess and the Pea, we played princess pop the pea (where they sit and try to pop green balloons), we played princess find the pea (sit on pillows trying to figure out which pillow has a green golf ball under it) London Bridges (the hit of the party), princess coloring, making crowns and wands, played pin the crown on the princess, and of course cake and ice cream. The little princesses especially liked walking on our pink rug (tablecloth) up to the door. So, I would have to say it was our most successful in house birthday party ever (usually we run out of activities).






So all in all, our summer is coming along. The girls are a little bored at times and I'm a little crazy at times, but I think we will make it. Now for the count down to see our cousins!

Comments

Christie said…
Looks like a great beginning to a busy summer. Your princess party games are cute, and it sounds like fun was had by all! How wonderful!
Jenni said…
I loved seeing all the little princesses around your table! Very cute!
Jann said…
What a great party. It looks like all the princesses had a blast.
Joni said…
And a countdown to see us! Are you still planning on the Liberty Park get-together?:)
Julia said…
How could she not choose princesses being surrounded by 3 wonderful sisters?

Oh, and I'm interested in what kind of Digital SLR you got? Aren't they awesome? I couldn't live life without it. I'm still looking for a good Digital Camcorder. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you're having so much fun! Glad things are going so well for you!
Julia said…
Oh, and when are you guys planning on being in Utah? I'm sure you have tons of friends & family to visit so let me know if you're thinking of sparing an hour or so!
Rebecca Wood said…
What a fun party! Ashtyn is lucky to have such a creative mom. It's fun to see your family.
You guys have been busy! That Ashtyn is do dang cute! She is definetly a princess! How excited about the digital SLR...What kind did you decide on? Can't wait to see you guys!
Cami said…
cute cake and party! You are having a very busy summer for sure. Also, we boycotted Savage Fest because of the weather! Ugh! Sorry about Brian's HDTV. He'll have to come on over here more often.
Tracy said…
Selena loved the party. What fun times you've been having. Going to miss you!
Deb said…
great cake, brenda! sounds like a fun party!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet