Teralyn's Baptism Day



Teralyn was baptized on Saturday as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Wow, I can't believe we have a daughter that is eight years old! Anyway, it was a great day. Tera's grandpa and grandma Whipple flew in from Utah a couple of days before the baptism to attend. She also got to share it with her good friend Hailey from our ward. We were so thankful for our friends and family who shared this special day with us.

The day and the week leading up to the baptism were a little stressful. I'm not sure why I stressed myself out so much to make it perfect, I mean, the ordinance is the most important part right? The baptism itself though was wonderful. Not everything we had planned came through, but it didn't matter in the long run and everything that was important happened.

The two girls (Tera and Hailey) sang a sweet song together "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus" and the spirit was so strong. Tera's grandma gave a talk on baptism and Hailey's grandma gave one on the Holy Ghost. Then we had the baptisms where Brian was able to baptize his first daughter. What an amazing experience!



It's hard to describe the feelings that I have had. I am so grateful for a daughter who has prepared herself for such an important ordinance. I have seen her testimony of the gospel grow almost every day. I pray she remembers this day and time in her life and strives to keep herself clean. What an awesome experience to know that my daughter made the first step to her eternal salvation. I hope she treasures this day as I know I will.





Comments

Tracy said…
What a great day. Your pictures are great. Love the girls' dresses.
Jann said…
What a wonderful experience for your family. I am the same way. I try to make everything perfect. It is just the beginning of many special days for your girls.
Joni said…
We will always gauge our adult lives by Teralyn. It seems like we remember starting our life as real grown-ups right when we took Tera raspberry picking. It's so fun to see her so sweet and "grown up." Tell her we think she was beautiful on her baptism day.
Cami said…
It sounds so lovely. We were really sad to miss it. I love having her on Wednesdays now!
Brenda said…
Congratulations to Teralyn!! What a beautiful girl she is. I'm glad it was a special day for all of you. I love the pictures.
Jenni said…
Oh what a special day!! She looked radiant and how wonderful that you were able to celebrate with family and friends! Congrats to Teralyn!
Deb said…
how exciting! and everyone looks so beautiful. i'm glad it was such a good experience for you all!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet