A little bit of News

I still can't access my blog from the hospital, but Brian is still willing to post them for me from his email, so if you're wondering why I haven't posted pictures forever this is why. Maybe when I get out, I will get some pictures up. So, in the meantime it will just be my writing.

Well, I have some news this week. It feels good to actually have some progression to say about this pregnancy instead of the same old thing. It's quite a big change or can be at least. I had another ultrasound on Friday (33 weeks) and the placenta has moved! Yes, it actually moved a little. It's still on the verge of the cervix, which means I'm still marginal placenta previa, but my doctors are really hopeful that it will be moved in two weeks. They've each told me that this hardly ever happens with complete previa, so I'm really lucky, or blessed I should say. So now, I have to stay two more weeks and they will do another ultrasound to see if it has moved all the way. If it has, then I will be able to go home and be off bed rest. I guess there is still a chance I may have to have a c-section because she is breech. But, after talking to my nurses about this, they think it's because I have been on bed rest for so long and when I am off, she will probably turn.

Okay, I know all this should be really good news to me, in most ways it is, but I am having a few mixed feelings about a few things. I was getting really excited to be going home with my baby in three weeks. Now, even though it will be great to not have surgery and get to go home, it may be five to seven more weeks of pregnancy. Phew!! I am so ready to be done. I just can't imagine being pregnant for seven more weeks and trying to run my house after being on bed rest for three months! Ugh. I know that it will be good for our baby though to wait for a few more weeks. And, it will be nice for me to have a little time with my girls again without a new baby. So, I'm willing to do it and the more I think about it, the more I know it will be the right thing. I'll keep you posted in two weeks.

In other news, my family is doing great without me. My girls have adjusted well and my mom is still here, thank goodness! She has been such a blessing to us. My dad is still here too, but he leaves tomorrow and I know we are all going to have an adjustment without him. My girls are loving this attention they are getting from their grandparents and since we only get to see them maybe once a year (sometimes every other year) it's been such a good experience for them to get to know their grandparents. They are getting pretty attached.

Thanks to my cute friends out here, my mom really hasn't been lonely. She's been to quilt night, to game parties, to the library reading times, and even strawberry picking (my dad made me strawberry jam, I'm so impressed!). She and my dad also went to DC overnight to a hotel and then to some Smithsonians the next day. Which they loved! So, I'm so grateful for my friends and ward for taking care of her. It's not easy to be so far away from home and have the huge task of taking care of four children. Even though she had six of her own, it's been a while.

Oh, I forgot to say, my friend Lisa Tanner the other day suggested we have a triple date at the hospital. So, she called another couple in our ward (the Murphys) to get a babysitter and they all came up here in my room where we played Apples to Apples and Pit. It was a blast. Thanks Lisa for the date night. (:

Today I am so grateful for the sacrament. The Nuss boys in our ward have been coming every Sunday to administer it to me here in the hospital. For one of the first times in my life it has seemed so personal. I didn't feel like I took it for granted before, but now I do. I am realizing how much the atonement is meant for each individual person. How much the Savior loves each of us that he wants us all to partake of his life and his sacrifice and renew ourselves every week. That those blessings and promises can and are for me even. That I can become a better person even when I am stuck in a hospital with not much interaction with the outside world. It's easy to forget that, but when I see those young men come every week, totally out of their way, and taking up their time, I realize that the Lord cares for and loves me too. I know that he has a plan for our family and I'm trying to trust him and let him lead me.

How can I not believe the Lord loves me? I have seen his hand in everything that has happened through this whole pregnancy. When my doctors told me right from the beginning that I had a 20% chance of this baby surviving. I received a priesthood blessing from my sweet husband shortly after where I was promised that she would make it to full term. Then when I had so much bleeding and thought maybe that was then end, I remembered that blessing and tried my hardest to trust the Lord. With all the wonderful blessings we have had and our good friends and family who have helped us so much, how can I have any doubt? I can't, and that's why I know everything will be okay. I just need to trust in the Lord and have faith in him and I know he will lead me through this.

Comments

Brenda said…
What great news!! I'm sure it will feel so good to be home. I'll bet your mother is getting just as attached to the girls as they are to her. It will be so hard for her to leave them. You are in our prayers.
Emily said…
We're all so glad to hear about your progress!
This is Mikelle Belliston from the ward. you are so sweet. Glad to hear some good news. I have been thinking about you alot! That Lisa Tanner is such a sweet heart! Hope for a speedy end of your pregancy! You are in my prayers!
Kellie said…
What a beautiful post. It is a blessing to be able to recognize the hand of the Lord in your life. I so admire that.
Angie said…
Amen. You are amazing Brend. I love you so much. I can't wait for the time when we get to see more of you. Today is your ultrasound. I pray all goes well.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet