General Conference

There's nothing that brightens up a gloomy weekend better than General Conference! And that is how I felt. Yes, it is spring in Maryland and that means cloudy, rainy days for a couple of months and just ask my husband, I feel it! He thinks that I am powered by solar energy. I am beginning to believe it too...


Anyway, this weekend was General Conference for our church and it was so uplifting. It was also a very memorable one where we had a Solemn Assembly and sustained our new prophet President Thomas S. Monson and his counselors, President Uchtdorf and President Eyring. The spirit was strong and sweet and I am now renewed to be a better person and better mom. Oh, and a renewed faith that these cloudy days will let up soon... (:

This year we really tried to get our kids to listen to conference. Teralyn is now seven and getting excited to be baptized later this year. She is trying really hard to understand the gospel. So, we gave them a great general conference packet that my friend emailed to me. They were so motivated by it and of course, I had a treat as an incentive, so that helped too. Anyway, I was so proud of my girls (at least my two older girls) who actually listened to conference and I even got a comment from Teralyn that it was short this year! That's what happens when you are enjoying it I guess....

Comments

Meg said…
Conference was so great! We watched at home on the internet which probably helped a bit (Jaide did a little bit with that packet, but she's only 3:). I didn't get to hear every bit, but what I did I really got a lot out of. I really loved Elder Ballard's talk. It was also very awesome to hear President Monson speak.
Cami said…
Way to go getting the kiddies to watch it! Jeffy was actually a little excited about it too, but just for conference bingo.
Christie said…
Glad you had a great weekend. Conference is always a good recharge.
Erin said…
That solemn assembly was so awesome! We were all talking about the change that we saw in Pres. Monson! What a wonderful conference this was! I am excited to read it again. There was so much in there that I needed! I love Conference!
Jenni said…
It was such a neat conference! I'm glad you had a great family experience with it!!
Deb said…
that's fantastic. i love the conference recharge as well. i'm glad your girls did so well! calvin did pretty good, too, better every time.
Scarlett said…
I'm glad to hear it was a special time for you as well. My girls finished their packets during the first session, which left very little for them to do later. Still, they were excited about them and listened attentively. conference was a wonderful way to be uplifted during these times. thanks for sharing.
Mendy said…
I am so happy to have conference in my house now. If only it came with a sound-proof room for my kids...
Emily said…
I remember when I thought Conference had gotten shorter! Good for your girls. It is wonderful to see how much the gospel means to you and your family.
Julia said…
OH, your girls are so good! Isn't it amazing what they learn. We did spotlights the next day & asked our girls questions like, "Who's your favorite prophet or apostle?" Annelise replied, "President Hinckley of the Latter Days.".. & both listed the new apostle by name as their favorite. That was such a great little conference packet, eh?
Julia said…
OH, and I just love this photo you posted of Pres. Monson. It sure is easy to love him. We've all just loved him for so long, but you're right, there is a solemn change in him as he took upon him the mantle of prophet.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet