Angie comes to visit


Last weekend my oldest sister came to visit. She lives in Emmett Idaho and has six kids and yes, she left them all. She came on Saturday night so we rented a movie and ate banana splits while all my kiddos were sleeping. This has been a family tradition in my family when all the guys go to the priesthood session of general conference, we have a girls night. We pile on the ice cream over bananas and of course get all the toppings. Then we watch the best chick flick we can find. I Love this time! This has been one of the hardest things for me to miss being away from my sisters and my mom. So, it was so much fun to do it with Ang. And no, I haven't caved in and let my girls in on the fun yet. I haven't even told them yet of my indulgence. I even do it by myself most times. I finally decided this time though, that I will make it a rule that they have to be eight years old to join. So, I guess next conference it will be me and my eight year old.

Too bad I didn't get a picture of our banana splits. You would have been impressed.

Okay, so Sunday was conference and it was awesome. This is definitely one of my favorite times of the year when we get to hear our prophet speak. Before it started, Ang helped me get the backing on a quilt I have been working on for ages, and we quilted together while we watched.

Monday, Brian came home from work early so that we could go out by ourselves exploring. Angie has never seen Mount Vernon and she read the Mount Vernon Love Story a while back, so we did that. I have been to Mount Vernon many many times, but this time it was one of my favorites (oh, except I forgot to get the awesome ice cream that they have in the food court!!). It was great to be able to spend all day without kids to hurry and get fed etc. After it all closed, we even ventured out and went to an Indian restaurant in the area. It was awesome! I am totally converted and can't wait to go again. We couldn't even pronounce the names of our dishes, but oh so enjoyed them! Then we ransacked a bakery next door and didn't realize until after that we had gone in while they were closed! No wonder the girl behind the counter didn't seem so happy to see us. Hmm.... oh well.






Tuesday we went to D.C. and saw the U.S. Treasury. This was my first time going there and it was fun. I would say though that it's just a once in a lifetime thing. Not too exciting, but interesting.

We then headed on down to the Native American Museum and spent the rest of our time there. I haven't ever been in this museum either and it was really interesting. We spent a few hours there and didn't even see everything. After getting pushed out, we decided to go home before the girls go to bed so Ang could spend a little more time with them.

When the kids were all in bed, we got Chinese food and watched Iron Man. Pretty good for a super hero show... The next day we spent the morning with Angie and then I had to take her back to the airport. I think I had more of a break than my sister did. I can't wait to do it again! Love you Ang, come back soon!

Comments

Christie said…
looks like a nice time. Sister visits are awesome, sister visits w/o kids are even better!
Emily said…
Good for Angie to take some time for herself! There is nothing better than hanging out with sisters! I'm glad you two had such a great time.
Jann said…
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Sisters are the best.
Jenni said…
So glad you had such a happy visit with your sister!! I like your banana split tradition!! We may have to start that in our house!:)
Tracy said…
What a fun sister visit. But if she's anything like my older sister, she doesn't appreciate you referring to her as the "oldest" sister. Love your banana split tradition.
Elizabeth said…
I can't believe she has 6 kids! I remember when we were at Snow and the oldest talked to you on the phone for the first time.

I want to see the picture of your quilt.
Julia said…
So sweet. I love your sister photos together! I also loved reading about Teralyn's baptism! Wow, that must've been really special. I can't even believe how crazy it is to contemplate having our oldest daughter get baptized soon too. We aren't old enough for this, are we?
Kellie said…
I do love spending time with sisters. I'm glad you and yours had a great time together!
I loved reading this and seeing the two of you having so much fun together. I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet