Fly Lady, Here I Come!

I'm sure most of you have heard of Fly Lady before. Yes, I have too, many years ago (thanks to my good friend Joni who was crazed about it!). I guess I didn't really understand it in the past. I went on the Fly Lady website and signed up for a few weekly emails, but got really annoyed with them and tried to forget her in my life. Until two weeks ago when she came back... My sister left her Sink Reflections book at my house (on accident, mind you) and I picked it up and can't put it down!! I am finally understanding Fly Lady and her massive organized life. It's really not that massive, but it seems like it if you haven't read the book.

I am kind of a throw a way freak. Yes, I LOVE to throw things away. My kids and my husband just know that if they have something missing, it's probably because I threw it away. But even with my throwing away habit, I didn't realize I have so much clutter still! After reading this, it makes me want to throw away everything. Well, almost everything. The problem is, I haven't cleaned my sink and this is one of the first steps. My favorite thing about her is her need to NOT be perfect. This, I would say, is one of my biggest down falls. Sometimes I just don't do anything because I'm so afraid of it not being perfect. So, her solution is, set the timer for ten minutes and whatever you get done, good. Whatever you don't get done, good too. Yes, I love it! So, here's to putting on my shoes and shining my sink!

Comments

Christie said…
OH, I so need to get on this with you!!! I love Fly Lady! I love how I feel and how smoothly things run when I do it. Good luck with your sink. :-)
COOLWHIP said…
I am also a throw away person. I don't keep things. I have to force my self to keep things like kids pictures. I hate clutter. You wouldn't know it by looking at my house, but i think that is becasue trent keeps EVERYTHING. In his defence, I have needed something, he goes to a shelf, corner or the garage and pulls it out. But, It still doesn't make me want to keep stuff.
Please introduce me to this "fly lady"
Cami said…
Nice job. I'm not into her, but I like the 10 minute do stuff idea. I sometimes give myself time limits and see what I get done. But sometimes those time limits get all sorts of messed up. Right now I just have to go with the flow.
Jenni said…
I looked into fly lady a while ago but never got into it... Maybe I'll have to look into it again. I like the idea of my sink shining!:)
Joni said…
I am so crazed that I went with Christie to hear her speak in Baltimore. But maybe Christie is more crazed since she invited me to go:) I think her Web site is really bad, actually. It took me lots of boring afternoons at the bank to piece it all together. The book is much better.

I need to get back on the FL wagon. I'm on the computer instead of in the kitchen as I should be right now!
I thought I was a throw away person until I moved and found out we took up 7 crates on a boat. maybe I should read this book.....
Meg said…
I'm a Fly Lady fan as well. I highly recommend doing the email in digest form rather than in individual emails so you only get one long email a day instead of 20 or 30. It's fun to know you guys are "fly"ing too :)
Tracy said…
You are welcome to come work on my house for 10 minutes. I hope it works for you.
Jeri said…
I may have to pick up the book. Her site is so hard to navigate that I get overwhelmed. Flylady is a good thing!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet