Still Plugging Along...

Quite a few things happened this week. One, is that I reached 32 weeks with no major issues. I am quite thrilled that I made it this long and I still feel sane. I don't know, maybe you'll have to ask my husband if I really am.sane.... I had another ultrasound and everything looks pretty much the same, no movement from the placenta, and the baby looks fine. The doctor did say that 32 weeks is a major milestone, so Bri and I are going to celebrate with ice cream of course. Can't wait.

I'm still here in the hospital, and the doctor today told me I will be here until the end. The good news is that she also told me that at 36 weeks, I will have an amnio to see if the baby's lungs are strong enough, and then the c section. So..... only three and a half weeks left!!! I've done five weeks, what's three and half more right?

The happenings with the family-

Ashtyn is riding a bike!! Yes, she does it all alone. About a week before I went on bedrest she was able to do a little with our help, but now she is a full blown bike rider. She has watched her sisters riding around our cul-de-sac and made up her mind that she was going to be that good, and now she is! Good job Ashty!

My sweet little Raegan turned three this week. I just can't believe she is so old. When I see her (which is every few days) she seems so much older and says bigger words. My favorite thing she has said lately is, "mommy are you still in the hosibal?". Oh my Raegy, I love her so much. What joy she brings to my life!

Raegy is in love with a cute little kid in our ward (or they used to be in our ward) named Luke. When I told her a few days before that it was going to be her birthday soon, the first thing she said was, "Is Lukey coming?". So, even though I can't officially give her a birthday party from far away, I had to arrange one last play date with her best friend. He is moving this week back to Utah so it was a perfect goodbye for two good friends. My mom and dad watched them of course and said they had a great time. She took pictures and Lukey even brought her a little present. I talked to her on the phone and she was so happy.

That night Brian brought all the girls and my parents for a little birthday party at the hospital. I couldn't have been happier. It really made my week to see my little girl so happy on her birthday. We had cake which grandma made and Raegy told me all about it. She opened all her gifts and was delighted with each one (good job Bri!). It's amazing what a bubble machine and a stuffed dog will do to a three year old.

Okay, so here are some of my favorite things about my little Raegy:

* She is so cheerful (most of the time that is)
* She babbles and babbles about everything- tells me all the news that is going on at home.
* Tells me every day on the phone she is a big girl because she goes potty, but she hasn't quite mastered it yet.
* Is the best hugger in the world of three year olds
* Would be happy with peanut butter and pretzels every day for lunch
* Loves oatmeal (the old fashioned kind!) and calls it "me meal."
* Loves to read books, but associates them with nap, so many times refuses, but just can't resist in the end.
* Hates bread of any kind and even though she says she loves sandwiches, never eats them
* Has just recently learned to love bagels (there is some hope to sandwiches)
* Refuses just about every vegetable, but can be bribed with treats.
* Can ride a scooter with the best of them.
* Has quite the screech when she gets hurt, the whole neighborhood knows.
* Adores her big sisters.
* Will eat Gogurt (oogurt) every day if I let her.
* And my favorite, says the sweetest prayers, and won't let us go to bed without scripture study.

What would we do without Raegy in our family. She really has brought so much joy, I can't even tell you. I'm so thankful for my little three year old!

Comments

COOLWHIP said…
I love the updates. You are so close. I'm excited (maybe not quiet as excited as you :)) to meet your little girl. It's funny, reading your list, I could say at least half of them about Emma.
Hope to see you guys soon.
Brenda said…
I'm so glad things are going so well. You are in our prayers. What a sweet family you have. By the way, I saw Ammon, Liz and Livvy tonight. We had a surprise 94th birthday for Grandpa and they came. It was so good to see them. Love you guys!!
Julia said…
Wow, I can't believe she's riding a bike without training wheels! Our girls ride 'round & round our cul-de-sac too. You have such a positive attitude about R's b-day. Overall you are amazingly positive. So admirable!
Dawn said…
thinking of you in the hosibal :) hope it's not too long now so we can all get to meet baby number 5
Kellie said…
you're amazing Brenda. What a great attitude, and a sweet family, you have.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet