Flashback Friday...

Yes, it's been a while since I have written so I have quite a bit to catch up on. Feel free to skip to the interesting parts if you wish (:

Eighth Anniversary

Last Sunday (July 22nd) was our eighth anniversary. Pretty exciting huh? Well, I think it is because when we first got married eight years seemed so far away. I remember my oldest sister telling me that they were going to be married for five years (this was about eight years ago) and I couldn't believe that they were that old and had lived together that long (: . Now I can't believe how fast the time has gone for us. It seems like yesterday that we were still friends in college.

Well, I was really hoping to go out to the new Harry Potter movie (I know, big splurge huh?) we were going to bring Raegan with us (crossing our fingers that she would be good) and get a babysitter. Well, I tried and tried, but it seems all the girls were either at youth conference or on vacation. We finally resorted to a night in at our kitchen table with ribs from Red Hot and Blue and it was great. Especially since we didn't have to pay the tip. (:

Since today is flashback Friday for most of my blogging buddies, I'm going to throw in a an engagement picture. I know, we look like we where seventeen huh? I guess it has been a while...


Shay's First Lost Tooth

Last Saturday Shaylee finally lost her first tooth! It had been dangling there for quite a while and Brian tormented her every day, trying to yank it out. Well, it finally worked and now she is toothless (: . She was quite excited.




Raegie's giggle

I have been trying my darnedest to get Raegan to laugh. Two days ago, on the 25th, I put Raegan down for a minute to help Ashty and asked Shay to talk to her. Well, she did and she also giggled for her! Shay came running in announcing the news. I have to admit I was a little disappointed that she finally let it out, and I have been trying for days and didn't hear it!! (: Well, I felt a little better when Shay was so excited. I'm hoping it's something she will remember.


Harry Potter

Bri and I first heard of Harry Potter from Brian's brother Stephen about six years ago. We snatched his book one day when we were visiting and started reading it together. Ever since then, we have read them together. I think it frustrates Bri a little because he likes to get through his books pretty quickly. For some of the others, he would sneak it when I wasn't looking, and read a couple chapters. I finally caught him one time and he has never done it since. At least I'm assuming he hasn't (: . Well, for the final seventh book, we have been anxious and really excited to read it. When Bri comes home, we sneak in our room for a little while or shush our kids out the door for a few minutes while we read. It has been really fun, but since we have to find quiet moments alone to do this, we are only half way through. When Raegan is crying Bri holds her and puts the book on the ledge and reads while I do dishes or make dinner. I got this cute picture of it.


Art Camp and a Little Sanity

This last week Tera and Shay have been in an "Art Adventure Camp" with the county. It has been wonderful! It only lasted for four days, but on those four days, I had three hours of peace and quiet! I would put Ashtyn to bed and Raegan and I would just hang out. Sometimes I was able to get Raegan down too, and then I could actually get something done. The girls also loved it. They learned some great new ways to make art and I have never seen Shay so excited about art before. Yesterday they had the parents come for the last half hour to see their displays. Bri went with all the girls because I had to get a crown put in on a cracked tooth (so glad that's over). It made me laugh that they had a display and certificates for just four days, but the girls loved it and I did too, so it was worth it.

Pain in the mouth!!

So the last few weeks have been awful as far as my mouth is concerned. I had a tooth ache and I finally got into the dentist to find out what the problem was. Three weeks ago I did this. The dentist said it was probably a cracked tooth and so I needed a crown. They shaved down my tooth and gave me a temporary crown until mine was finished. Well, ever since then I have been in pain. Every little while I had to take 600 milligrams of ibuprofen to stop the ache. I went in again and she said it's probably a bruised ligament. Well, it didn't go away and finally yesterday I went in again and she said it was probably a nerve that was exposed when it was shaved down. She put on the permanent crown and said it should go away now! Yay! I'm so excited that it's finally taken care of. I also had a huge canker on the other side of my mouth so it has been quite hard to eat. Can't wait to eat normally again!


I had to put this last picture in cuz' Ashtyn's hair cracks me up. Love the "do" Asht!

Comments

Julia said…
Happy Anniversary! What a great post. I love the Engagement photo & I loved hearing about each of your girls. I love the photo of Raegan & her laugh. Sisters sure can make them giggle like none other. Okay, so I just love everything about you guys!
Jenni said…
Happy Anniversary!! Ours was the 19th! July is just the month isn't it?! :) Fun post to read and catch up on what's been going on. That tooth sounded painful - ouch!!
Cami said…
Brenda! Call ME for babysitting. My kids would love to have them, or I could always come on over.

You guys look exactly the same. How funny!

Good luck with HP. We have the CDs if you want to borrow and listen.
Corinne said…
Happy Anniversary! I want to watch your kids too!!
Julia said…
What cute pictures! I never really realized before just how much your girls look like you. And I'm with Cami, other than your hairstyle, you and Bri haven't changed a bit!
ashlee said…
Busy busy! You and Brian look like CHILDREN (well, YOU especially!). Fun to see!
Kellie said…
Oh Brenda, I feel your dental pain. Happy anniversary from us, too-we had our 21st on the 26th. July is the month!
Dawn said…
I love the engagement pic, you look so young. It's out ann this month.
16 years, how old do i feel
Mendy said…
I love your engagement photo! It's great to see someone else look like they were 12 when they got married.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet