Birthday Pie

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone and I forgot to get pictures of our yummy meal!! Oh well, maybe next year huh? Anyway, it was a great day and we got to celebrate it with our friends, the Jensens. Every year around this time I get a little sad thinking about our families in Utah and Idaho who are all together. We are the only family on both sides who live far away and we miss out on a lot. Our girls don't even know some of their cute cousins. We try to go back home every other year or so, but it still isn't time enough to really get to know them. Well, it does make me a little sad, but I just have to say that I am so grateful for the wonderful friends and families we have made out here. Thank you for making it easier to be away from our family! That is what I am most thankful for this year.

Okay, on to the other stuff... Bri celebrated a birthday on Friday. He is now 32. We celebrated by me sleeping in (I really didn't mean to) and then we had a very relaxing day (pretty good for black Friday huh?) and went for a fall hike by the Old Savage Mill. We found a beautiful waterfall and the girls all went with Brian right in the middle of it (on a rock of course). They were thrilled about the whole thing and then Bri taught them how to throw (yes, they are just learning). They threw sticks and rocks down the side of the river. Anyway, it was beautiful and such a fun outing. It was a great birthday. Then we came home for lasagna, birthday pie, and ice cream.

So, as a tribute to my Brian on his birthday, these are some of things I love about him...

  • Makes me feel like he has things under control (even when he doesn't)
  • Makes bets with me (and always looses, by the way)
  • Listens to me, even when he's watching the Jazz games
  • Makes me laugh even when I'm trying to be grumpy
  • will go shopping for me whenever I don't feel like it
  • Takes the baby all night if she's not sleeping
  • Lets me sleep in EVERY Saturday morning (even on his birthday)
  • Lets me go shopping for myself whenever I want (:
  • Puts up with my complaining
  • Gives me backrubs whenever I want
  • Loves me even in the morning.
  • Reads to his daughters almost every night (or tells them princess and dragon stories).
  • Never complains about a girls night out (usually pushes me out the door)
  • Always does bathie time!!!
  • Usually remembers to take out the garbage
  • Lets me pick out all his clothes and will wear them just because I like them. (:
  • Works early early in the morning so that he can be home for homework time!!
  • Cleans the whole house for me when we have company.
  • LOVES to be daddy of four girls!
  • Pulls the hair out of the drains on a regular basis
  • Does the girls hair (or at least tries to) on Sunday mornings when I just don't have the time
  • Puts his family and the Lord first in his life.

Love you Bri!

Comments

Jann said…
Happy Birthday Brian. What a very sweet tribute to your husband.
Joni said…
I'm teasing Jeff that I didn't know what a rotten husband he was until I read your list. WOW! You get backrubs?!?!?!

Happy birthday!
Elizabeth said…
Wow! I can't believe Brian is 32. Wasn't he 22 when we first met him at Snow? Can you believe that was 10 years ago? I remember his mom sending up birthday presents. We are really getting old!
Jenni said…
Happy B-day to Brian! I love your tribute list - yay for Saturday sleep-ins, I'm so glad my hubby is very understanding about that too!!
Julia said…
Happy Birthday! What a great post. I think there are some Dad's that are just meant to be Dads of girls because they are so good at it. I love when Dads are so involved in their daughter's lives.
Oh, and Paul just had his 31st birthday yesterday too. November is such a great time for birthdays!
Cami said…
Aw, Happy Birthday! I celebrate EVERYTHING by me sleeping in. :) I'm sure he's so happy to get to be teaching SOMEONE to throw!
I love your new Family Picture! Did you have the same lady from last year take it?
Tracy said…
Is there anything he doesn't do? Gets hair out of the drain? Send him over, please. Happy Birthday to your Superman!
Christie said…
Hey, I knew Brian was a great guy, but wow. What a stud. Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday Brian!! Okay, Tim is so in trouble now...
Deb said…
that's a fabulous list of good qualities in your husband. reading through them reminds me a lot of gregory. maybe it's usu that makes such great husbands! :)

and i LOVE the new family picture!
Scarlett said…
Very lovely post! Happy belated bday to your dream guy! I laughed so hard reading Joni's response! Well, now let me get back to yelling at my husband! hahaha! hugs.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet