Primary program

It's been a crazy week! It seems I am running and running now and never get a chance to sit down with my family anymore. Saturday night I finally got a chance to do that and loved it! We stayed home and did puzzles most of the evening. It was so great to not be running around and it was so fun to spend some time with my girls. Those are definitely my favorite times, the times when I can just sit back at home and enjoy my cute kids and my husband.

We just finished our annual primary program yesterday. It turned out really well. The kids all did a great job and the spirit was strong. I was reminded of how much I love these kids. Everyone of them I have learned to love these last five years. I have thought many times how close they are to the Lord and what a great example they are to me. I am so thankful for the time that I am able to spend with these choice spirits. I feel very humbled that I am able to be in their presence and to help them feel the spirit in their lives.

I also have to say thank goodness for our wonderful primary teachers! Our kids have some great teachers who are always there, prepared and most importantly teach by the spirit. I can't say enough about that. Primary is where we learn the basics of the gospel that will take us up into the youth program and into adulthood. We need great people who will be an example to our kids and teach by the spirit. I think that we have that and I feel so lucky to be in a ward where my kids are learning the gospel not just at home, but they are really learning at church too. What better thing could I ask for for my children? There is nothing more important to me than that. These teachers are helping us bring our children back to Heavenly Father and I am so very grateful for them.

Comments

Julia said…
the program did go really well--everyone did a fabulous job, from the organizers to the children to the teachers... It was fabulous!
Jann said…
It was a lovely program. It is always my favorite. I got to sit behind Jake and Cami, while their little Jeffy sang his lungs out. It was fun to see.
Scarlett said…
I loved the program! My 5 year old actually memorized an entire article of faith! Thank you guys for all that hard work! I thought it was very well put together and the kids seemed to enjoy doing it!
Tracy said…
It was a great program. You all should do it every week. It makes for less stressed parents in the congregation:)
Julia said…
Wow, Brenda you have served so long in the Primary Presidency. I couldn't imagine having the same calling for over 5 years. It must be that you are absolutely amazing at what you do.

We just had our Primary program last week too & I just have to say ditto in my appreciation for the great people like you who put so much work into helping our children in primary. Paul got to play piano for all the practices & program here & I just loved seeing my girls sing even more this year than ever. I love that they "Rock the house" singing those primary songs. Thanks to amazing leaders like you!
Kellie said…
Everyone did a great job on the Program. You guys are the best-what a big job. It is my favorite Sunday of the year.
Corinne said…
You all work so hard with the kids. THANK YOU!!!!
Deb said…
i also appreciate all the work you put into it! it was great! i know it's stressful, but seriously, it is the best sacrament meeting of the year. thanks!
Elizabeth said…
We had our Primary Program on Sunday too. It was the first time I've had a child participate. I LOVED it! It's always my favorite Sacrament Meeting of the year.
Jenni said…
I loved the program - you guys did such a great job! And I laughed at Tracy's comment, it really would be lovely if we had the program every week, then I'd just have Nina to wrestle with - of course I realize that would be all the primary workers worst nightmare!;)

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Club Feet

Brynley Anne Whipple