A little bit of everything....



Oh my, so much to write about, where to start.... Feel free to skip to the interesting parts.(:


First of all, this last week Raegan has found out how to get on her knees! Yes, she is rocking back and forth and will soon be crawling. So my house is not baby proofed. I guess I thought I had much more time than I do. It's amazing how fast the time goes with your fourth. I can't believe she is already five months! The other thing that happened this week with Raegan is she tried her first solid foods. She has been eating like crazy lately and is always looking at our food longingly and not quite getting enough at each nursing, so we decided it was time. She actually is doing better with it than I remember any of my girls doing. Her tongue reflux is almost gone and she gets quite a good amount in her mouth (which is really saying something for the first few feedings). Anyway, she is growing up and I am feeling quite sad about it. It seems I was always waiting for the days to pass with my first couple girls and now I am enjoying it so much, I guess because I realize now how fast it goes.
Ashtyn just had to feed her and of course most of it is on her cheeks, I'm really not sure if she got any in her mouth..


Halloween


The night before Halloween we carved our pumpkins. The girls picked out how they wanted them carved (although Ashtyn wanted a princess and I just didn't feel that creative at the moment) and Bri and I carved them. We then watched Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin (or at least part of it) and sent them off to bed.

On Halloween day I got to go help Shay with her party during class. It was very fun to see all the cute costumes and especially that Shaylee matched her teacher. They were both cowgirls! I got a cute picture of that. The parade was cute, but I was not very happy with my Teralyn who hid from the camera!! Are we already to that stage?


When we got home from the parade, we put Ashtyn down for a quick nap (she was quite grumpy). Well, I guess I wasn't thinking about the time that she needs to recoop after a nap because we woke her up right before we were going to go trick or treating and she was not very happy. It took everything I had to get her to stay in the picture. Maybe it will be our tradition to get a picture of the older girls smiling and Ashtyn throwing a fit. I just had to laugh because it brought back so many memories of last year and so I took the picture anyway.


This is our first year that our girls wanted to go with their neighborhood friends trick or treating. So, Bri went around with all the girls and I stayed home with a sleeping baby. After a while I woke Raegan and got some pictures. Ashtyn and Bri came home early though because Ashtyn still hadn't gotten over the grumpies... When they were a few houses away from ours she finally decided it was fun and wanted to go back out. That's when we convinced her to stay and hand out the candy, which made her happy.


Tera and Shay had a lot of fun with their friends (and their parents of course) and at the end of the evening sat in a big circle at our neighbors house and examined their loot. Well, it was a good night in all. I am glad it's over. On to the next holiday!


Glasses at last!

I got my new glasses! Yay! No more super glue. I am just glad that they lasted for that week or I would have been in trouble. Here is a picture of them. I had to do it myself (my husband forgets to take pictures) so it's a little crazy, but it works.


Apple Picking

Friday we didn't have school so we went with some friends in our ward apple picking at Lariland farm. It was great. The weather was perfect (a little cool, but sunny) and the apples were so yummy! All the kids ran around in the hay maze first and then we went to look at the "witches" and headed on down to the apple trees. After eating and picking for a while, we sat down on the grass for a picnic. It was such a good out of school activity and the kids had a blast (oh, except for the dogs who scared my kids into the van during the picnic).





Ashtyn loved the apples so much that she had to have one in each hand. She went over to a friend's house afterward and pretty much took over all of their apples too (put her hand over them while they were eating). Shaylee climbed every tree she could get her hands on and Tera had a good time running around with her friends in the maze (while the dog was gone of course). It was a great afternoon. Enjoy the pictures.

Comments

Deb said…
wow! what a fun week! so much to comment on, too. i'll just say congrats to regan! you'll have a crawler before you know it! i still have a little while on the babyproofing - thank goodness!
Scarlett said…
You have such cute girls! I guess no matter what you do time will fly very fast and I'm glad to see you're enjoying every bit of it! Fun read.
Kellie said…
I LOVE your video of Raegan on her knees. I wanted to come apple picking but I needed a nothing day more than I needed apples. Its funny how when your kids are little and there is a day off, all you want is to find things to do to make the day go by in a fun way. When your kids get older, they are so constantly busy with homework, practices, sports, etc, that a day off is a day to just kick back. Anyway, I'm glad you had fun. I hope Kathy's party was great.
Julia said…
Raegy is just growing up so fast!! Ashtyn is so adorable, even when she's pitching a fit (although I'm sure it's hard to see that sometimes). I just love all your girls. I too miss the closeness we had when we were VT comps. I should have you and your family over for dinner sometime soon.
Cami said…
Wow! Lots of stuff. I'm glad you got your glasses. They look great! And Yay for Raegan! She's growing up so fast!
Jenni said…
Cute video! I can't believe she's almost crawling - WOW! It was so fun to apple pick with you guys! And yay for the new glasses!
Jann said…
Amazing. Reagan is getting so big. Oh how I did not like the crawling time. I was always glad when they were off the floor and walking. Seems so dirty.

I love the new glasses. You look great.

What fun outings you have had.
Joni said…
I love your hair! (And your glasses!) Crazy that Raegan is eating solids. Wasn't she just in your belly as we careened through the back roads to Stratford talking about what you might name her?!
Rodney said…
Okay, I'm going out on a limb here and adding the only guy comment to the blog. I just had to let you know I'm still following the Whipple family eye saga. I hope things are going better for you.
Tracy said…
Raegan is so big now. I guess it's time for another baby. Apple picking was sooo fun. I'm so glad we were able to join you.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet