Enrichment Fair and Kids Day!

During our sick time, I missed a few things, so hopefully I can make this a quick catch up post...

Last Tuesday we went to Enrichment night at school (yes, I drugged everyone up, we just couldn't miss this!). The Enrichment fair is basically a time where the kids and the teachers, can show off what they have been doing all year. We were so excited to go because Teralyn was in a play and she was also doing a transportation presentation and a power point presentation. We just couldn't miss it. Well, the Motrin worked wonders for Tera. The play was so cute. Tera was the April page in the play and had about two or three lines, but did them very well. Well, Shay was barely making it, so after the play we quickly went to see Shaylee's classroom and all her art, and Ashtyn, Shay, and I decided we should go quarantine ourselves again.


Bri got a video of Teralyn's transportation presentation and said she did an awesome job in front of a whole room full of people. She said she wasn't a tinge nervous. It's amazing how far she has come!! Man, just a couple years ago, there is no way she would have done that. I was so sad to miss out, but at least I have a video.


Memorial day was our Kids Day. This was our tradition in my family growing up, on Memorial and we LOVED it, so we do the same for our kids. We woke up early and went to the store to pick out favorite cereal (this is one of their favorite parts, because they usually don't get sugar cereal so they pick the most unhealthy cereal they can find and I just close my eyes...). Then, we headed on over to the park to have a picnic breakfast (we used to do it in the canyon, but since we don't have a lot of those out here, the park is our best bet). The girls played on the jungle gym for a while and then we headed home to get ready for our trip.

We decided this year to go to a place called Calvert Cliffs. It's a beach on the Chesapeake Bay that has some awesome scenery. You park your car at the Calvert Park and the have some great picnic places and a tire park, and then you hike on into the beach. The walk is about two miles. So, it was beautiful and a perfect day. The walk was really long though for kids and I was surprised there wasn't more complaining than there was. When we finally got to the beach, it was beautiful, but really crowded and we only found one tiny little shark tooth (supposedly Calvert Cliffs are known for good shark teeth hunting and shell hunting). Raegan crawled in the sand and loved it, but hated when she tried to stick it in her mouth. Ashtyn got in the water up to her waist in her clothes. Shaylee had a great time though and found some shells and clay that she insisted on keeping. Well, we were only there for probably forty five minutes and decided to go back.








Overall, I'm not sure if the drive to it (about an hour and a half) was worth the beach. I have to say the walk/hike was the best part about it. The scenery was great and the rivers etc. We even saw a huge snake in the path!

Comments

Christie said…
Sounds like some big days! Yucky yucky snake, I don't like those! And what a great job at the enrichment fair.
Unknown said…
We went to Gunpowder Falls for Memorial Day. There were tons of people there but it was still really nice...our kids loved the beach there too and it's only about 40 minutes away...and I didn't see any snakes!
Nat said…
That is a good idea to have kids day! Sounds like your kids had some big accomplishments at school this year! That hike does look beautiful, except for the snake, ewww. Hope you guys continue to feel better!
Tracy said…
Fun time, but why do you have to make me feel guilty about the sugar cereal? That's all I buy but I'm realizing not all mothers do. Oh, well. Send your girls over for breakfast anytime they want sweet cereal, because it's always in stock at our home.
Brenda said…
Tracy-
Don't give me that, I know you MAKE breakfast for your kids almost every morning!!! Talk about guilt trip! (:
Erin said…
Bren, sounds like fun even though the drive was long. We are so excited for you to come. We miss you!
Corinne said…
I really like Calvert Cliffs! Although, now that I think of it, I've never taken my children with me, I don't think :) Way to have an outing!!!
Brenda said…
I can't think of anything worse than a house full of sickies. Sick kids are bad, but when mom is sick too, that's just awful. Hope everyone is starting to feel better.

My kids were sugar cereal deprived as well. They got to pick a cereal for their birthday. Always one with the most sugar!!
Meg said…
I hope everyone is feeling better now! That sounds like a very fun family tradition. I can't buy sugar cereal for us because then I'm the one that eats it all ;)
Julia said…
Ah, Kids Day! Such good memories with you guys.... Sesame Place, Hershey Park.... What incredible parents you are!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet