Mother's Day

The day before Mother's day, Brian and my girls gave me just about the best gift I could have asked for. They cleaned the house! Yes, they cleaned the bathrooms, the basement, the kitchen, vacuumed, and even mopped the floor (my least favorite job). I was quite impressed. Brian mentioned that he knew I wouldn't have a good mother's day if I know my house is a mess... hmmm... I guess he is starting to catch on.

So, Mother's Day morning Brian didn't have early church meetings so he took the girls and got them all ready for church before I woke up!!! I have never been much of a morning person, so it's really hard for me to get up early and get all the girls out to church by myself on time every Sunday. It was so so so nice to have a break from this. The girls and Bri brought me breakfast in bed (Sweedish pancakes with powder sugar...mmmm!!) and then I quickly got in the shower and we headed to church.

Raegan got a fever while we were in church and so Brian had quite a fun time trying to calm down a tired, sick babe. I had a nice and relaxing time though and even got a huge sugar cookie from Shaylee (thanks Sandi, it's was great!), three mother's day cards, and chocolates.

We came home, put our sick baby to sleep and spent a couple of hours playing Monopoly Jr. with our girls. Bri was planning on giving me a nap, but since I had such a good night sleep, I spent the rest of the afternoon reading. We then had a little party where my girls gave me shake maker (yes, they picked it out and used their own money), and Bri gave me the Anne of Green Gables DVD's. I am so excited!! I have been wanting them for years! I have some great memories of watching them with my sisters and mom and can't wait for my girls to watch them with me.

Julia Anderson (our friend in the ward) came for dinner. While Brian was finishing up dinner, we played Mouse Trap (my kid's favorite game). The girls were loving having some fresh blood to play with. I'm not sure if Julia enjoyed this too much... hmmm...

Bri made my favorite home made rolls, Chicken mushroom bake, baked potatoes, Julia's green salad, and yummy chocolate cake from Costco.... yummy! It was awesome and we were so stuffed. We chatted for a while, the girls went to bed, Julia went home, and Brian did the dishes.

All except my sweet baby's fever, it was one of my favorite mother's day ever!

And as a tribute to my sweet mom on Mother's Day, these are my some fun things that I sure love about her:

Posted by Picasa

  • She gets so excited over the smallest things.
  • She stresses about the smallest things
  • She loves the Lord more than anything
  • she gave birth to and raised six kids!
  • She has a wonderful sense of humor and keeps us laughing
  • All six of her kids have gone through the temple.
  • She is beautiful
  • She served a mission and can 't wait to serve another one with my dad
  • She sings beautifully
  • She keeps her house spotless (expect when grandkids come of course)
  • She is very organized.
  • She will do service to anyone in need
  • She loves to read and is very intellectual
  • She has such a green thumb
  • She can bottle fruit with the best of 'em...
  • She can sew with the best of 'em and even made my wedding dress!
  • She magnifies her callings and is a great leader.
  • She cooks better than almost anyone I know
  • She had awesome cook books that she has made.
  • She is very thrifty and is awesome with her budget!
  • She's loves her family more than anything
  • She's a wonderful friend, mom, wife, and example to me
Love you mom!

Comments

Christie said…
What a great idea to tribute your mom today! Sounds like she is a lovely lady
Julia said…
What a perfect day! They always say Mother's day is about the Mom, but really what makes it great are the children & husband we are blessed with. Sounds like yours made it the best for you! I love the tribute to your Mom too. She sounds so wonderful... just as wonderful as you.
Tracy said…
I'm so impressed with Brian -- he cooks and cleans? He's a keeper. So glad you had a great day and that's a great tribute to your mom.
Deb said…
what a nice post, brenda. i'm glad you had such an awesome mother's day. i'll have to have gregory read it and get a few ideas for next year! :)

and i dislike mopping too. i can't wait for samuel to start walking so i don't feel quite so guilty about the state of my floors. :)
Jenni said…
Wow, sounds like you had an awesome mothers day!! I love that Brian cleaned your house!! Also that was a very sweet list about your mom!!
Cami said…
WHAAAA? I don't think Jake knows how to clean a bathroom. That's an awesome present!
Brenda said…
Wow! Great Mother's Day. It sounds like you have trained Brian well. He seemed to know just what a mother needs. Anne of Green Gables - I'm so jealous. The girls and I loved to watch them. I have them on VHS but would love to get the full set on DVD. Glad Reagan is feeling better.
Oh, my dear, what a wonderful daughter! You may think that cooking and cleaning, etc. was a great Mother's Day gift, but just wait till those precious children grow up to be everything you'd hoped and prayed for, and even more, and then you'll know what joy I feel... I love you more than I could ever tell you.

Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet