Halloween



Okay, it's about time that I write about Halloween since I am starting to hear Christmas music. So here you go... Tera was a tiger, Shay a witch, Ashtyn a fairy princess (just like last year), and Raegan a purple dragon (I used this for Ashty a few years ago).

So, as the Halloween years have passed I notice that I stress less and less about what my kids are going to be. This year I was thrilled when Ashtyn said she wanted to be what she was last year. I was also so excited to find that Raegy fit into our little dragon costume that we had. Shay wanted to be a witch, so I went to Salvation Army, found a black shirt and skirt, did a a little cutting and there you have it! Tera wanted to be a tiger, so I did buy hers. Yes, it kills me to spend a ton of money on costumes and because I'm not quite the sewer that my mom would like me to be (love you mom!) I decided I better start thinking about next year now. I am pretty darn good with a hot glue gun and I'm excellent at finding sales (especially at Salvation Army). So, we will see.

Trick or treating this year was great. Two reasons: 1. We went with some good friends (Suttons and Walburgers) 2. We went to single family houses rather than town houses so our kids got lots of exercise, but not a ton of candy. My favorite part of it this year was watching Ashtyn and Marielle go from house to house. Ashtyn running as fast as she could (there was candy to get!) and Marielle begging Ashtyn to slow down. Then, when they finally got to each door, Ashtyn would ring the doorbell and Marielle would use her little witch stick and give it a few wacks. They had it down. I know I shouldn't have let her wack the doors, but oh it was too funny, I couldn't stop it.


We then stayed at the Suttons house for a while and talked and ate delicious, spooky food while our kids played and ate candy. It was great. Here are some pictures:





Comments

Tracy said…
They all look so cute. But the townhouses are the best for trick-or-treating. I can't believe you make your kids go to the big houses to work for their candy.
Christie said…
Sweet pictures. Looks like they all had so much fun. Wonderful memories
Meg said…
I'm with you on the hot glue gun and thrift store finds. That is my halloween way! Only this year it was packing tape- man I'm lazy :)
Cami said…
Fun and cute galore!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet