Primary Program

Yesterday was the first time I have ever sat and watched my children during our ward's sacrament meeting program in the congregation. For the past six years I have been in a primary calling so I haven't gotten to just sit back and take it in. Well, not only was it great to be sitting next to my husband during the program (yes, usually we are about five feet apart with four kids in the middle of us), but I just couldn't help the emotions come out when all of those sweet kids were singing their hearts out. Wow, the spirit was so strong as all of those kids bore their testimonies.

Yes, my kids did all their parts just great, and that was awesome, but the best part about it is that they loved it. They practiced for days the songs as we would drive in the car (with no prodding from me) and as I watched them sing yesterday, I knew that they were bearing their testimonies. I knew that they felt the spirit and that they love the Savior. What is more important than that?

So, today I am grateful for the primary program. For those great teachers and leaders who teach my kids and help them feel the spirit on a continual basis. Thank you thank you, for loving them and helping them someday to return to their Heavenly Father.

Comments

Christie said…
AMEN! Thank heavens for Primary teachers!!
Tracy said…
It was a great program. I think they should do it every week, so we can always snuggle with our hubbies :)
Jenni said…
It was so fun for me to get to see the primary program!! All the kids did such a great job!!
Cami said…
YAY! Oh, wasn't it fun to just relax and watch? Oh, except when Ethan was so naughty. Oh well. Can't win them all.
Emily said…
Primary programs are so sweet! I can't wait to be in a ward again that has a Primary.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet