Twilight, the movie

Okay.... Twilight.

Well, I went ahead and went to the midnight showing with a bunch of friends (with a little prodding from my cute husband whom I really don't think wanted me to drag him to it the next day). Yes, I'm glad I did. It was very fun hanging out with crazy people, (hee hee), eating Nibs, and listening to all the gasps and laughs throughout the movie. You just don't get that at a 7:00 showing on Saturday night! I felt just like a teenager again. It was great.

As far as the movie goes.... it wasn't my favorite. Actually, I was very disappointed. I knew in my mind that nothing would compare to the book, but did it have to be so cheesy? I felt like they slapped it together as fast as they could, not realizing that if they put a little more into it, it could be a great movie! The characters weren't built up half as much as they should have been, and the music wasn't anything great (the music can make or break a movie). I guess I had too great of expectations.

So, the last couple of days I have been telling Brian about all the funny parts (that weren't really supposed to be funny), and now I can't wait to go see it again!! This time I have less expectations, so maybe I can go laugh at it.... (:

Comments

Tracy said…
It would have been great if it could've been a few hours longer, but I enjoyed seeing all the characters come to life. I'm trying to drag Chris to see it with me. It was a FUN night!
Jenni said…
I'm so sorry it wasn't the best for ya. I loved it, but I totally let all my expectations go before seeing it knowing they were jumping through trees and everything from the previews... I'm glad you had a fun girls night though!!:)
Cami said…
Some of the reviews said it was unintentionally funny too. I'm glad you had a fun time out with the girls though!
Kellie said…
Ditto what Cami said-at least it was a good night out and maybe it will grow on you!
Corinne said…
It was great to be with you!
Emily said…
I am also glad that I went opening night because a great deal of the entertainment was the crowd there! I agree that eventually another rental from Red Box will be in order!
Julia said…
Brian's smart, there's no way, I would get Paul to see it either.

I loved seeing all those photos of Ashtyn in the Nutcracker. Is she really that old now? Wow! My girls have been in ballet this year too & I can't wait to see their first performance in December. It really is fun to be a Mom at times like you mentioned with the primary program & ballet recitals. Your daughters are so darling... you have every reason to be proud of them.
Seth said…
Ditto on the cheesiness, Ditto on the music, and ditto on the lack of character development. I think they were trying to hard to make it exactly like the book, which just isn't possible. They could have made it it's own kind of beautiful. But it is fun to be a teenager again =)--robbin

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet