Aunt Michelle Comes to Visit

Yay! We always love a visitor. Brian's sister, Michelle came out on Thursday evening. She had a conference in D.C. next week so she decided to come out and spend a while with us too! The girls of course love this, and think that they are what she is coming for. Friday Bri had off work so Michelle and Bri went to see the Spy Museum. Shay cried and cried that she couldn't go too! That night the girls went to their babysitting swap at the Walburgers (which cheered up Shay) and we went to eat at an Italian restaurant named Avanti. It was a little pricey, but very good. Afterwards, Michelle and I went to Weis and got the girls a surprise. Michelle told them she would get them something at the museum, but when there wasn't anything to buy, Bri assured her that they would forget. Of course they didn't forget and that was the first thing they asked for when seeing her again. Anyway, she got Shay gum (of course), Ashtyn sweedish fish, and a Rip Roll for Tera. She set them all out for them to choose and they chose exactly the thing that she had chosen for each. Do we know their likes or what? How did they get so predictable?

Michelle, Bri, and I stayed up that night and watched "Nacho Libre". Very funny!

Dumpster Day!
We always love dumpster day cause that's when we get to throw out our junk. Brian and the girls woke up early and took some old mattresses, our broken glider (from being played on too much) and a dressup treasure chest to the dumpster. Everyone had something in their hand as they marched across the park. I had to get this picture...


I was in a very spring cleaning mood, so I shoveled out some old bushes in our front lawn! They were so old and dead, it was very invigorating to get them out. Then we planted some grass seed in the back. Our next adventure will be to get some flowers in the front.

Bri got some replacement wood for our trim around the outside windows and started to prime it. Of course the girls wanted to help, so we put on some old painting shirts and they had a hay day! I had to leave after a while, I got a little nervous watching the paint flying everywhere!! We squirted them off with the hose after and I think that was their favorite part!


We then packed in the van and drove to Fort McHenry in Batimore. Amazingly, we have never been there before (for some reason we always thought it was in the inner harbor). I was pretty amazed at everything there was to learn about there! I can't believe we haven't been before. There was a great fifteen minute movie about the war in 1812 and then at the end, the curtains parted to show the American flag outside as the Star Spangled Banner was played. It was quite an emotional experience for me. What a wonderful country we live in!!


That night we had a fun time with the babysitting swap (this time it was our turn to babysit since our kids were sick last week). We only had the Walburger girls today. We went to the park and then out to play on scooters and bikes. Our neighborhood is full of kids. Bri and I were just saying we wouldn't trade our neighborhood for any house that we could have! That's a pretty amazing thing to say since we want a single family house some day. Hopefully someday we can have both, but now we are very content (:

Comments

Jann said…
We love Ft. McHenry. We go there to picnic and it is the very best place to fly kites.

So fun to see your spring pictures.
Mendy said…
I've lived like a half hour from Ft. McHenry my whole life (except for college and mission) and just went there for the first time like a year ago. It's really fun, isn't it? I'm glad you are having fun with Brian's sister.
Jenni said…
We need to go to Ft McHenry - it sounds so neat!! I love the dumpster picture - way to go for your girls helping out!! We took advantage of the wonderful dumpsters too!!
Cami said…
We would never do any site seeing if it weren't for guests. We still haven't been to Ft. McHenry.

I love that painting pic! My kids would love that.

We also love dumpster day.
Corinne said…
We went to Ft. McHenry once when there were all sorts of reenactors there. They blew off a cannon - WOAH.

We love dumpster days too!!
Julia said…
I love Ft McHenry :D I love going to the American History museum and seeing the original Star Spangled Banner. I'm sad it's closed for a while :( Going to those places helps us to be proud to be Americans, doesn't it?
Jeri said…
What a fun weekend! I will have to put Fort McHenry on our to do list.

I love the pictures, but the painting one is my favorite!

I laughed when I read you dug up your old bushes! How far along are you? You must be nesting.=)

(I don't have dumpster day...because my trash men will take ANYTHING! They took some old carpet, a counter top, and a TOILET!)
Kellie said…
I have to say that I LOVE being an Auntie. It is a very fun, special relationship. How fun for your girls to have special memories with their Aunt Michelle!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet