Just when I thought it was over....

We all got sick. Okay, so Bri didn't, but the rest of us did. Ashtyn has been throwing up and not eating for a week! I thought I would go crazy. That is so unlike her. She loves to eat! Anyway, on Thursday I thought it was finally over. She actually had a little breakfast and then asked for oranges later on! I was so relieved after going to the doctor, checking her blood for diabetes, (I have it in my family), and also checking for a UTI (which she has had before). Anyway, it turned out to be a virus. So, I thought we were all clear until I got home and had a message from Shay's teacher saying she threw up at school!! Ahh! I rush over to the school and get her home for the day. We hang out all day and then I start feeling it. Hmm... Well, the good news is that I didn't throw up, just didn't feel good. Later we pick up Tera from school and she comes home and sleeps on my bed for an hour (very unlike Tera). When she wakes up, she starts puking too! At least the older two got it at the same time huh?

Friday my girls and I spent the whole day on the couch. I read my book, and actually it was quite nice to not have anything to do. Oh, except get water for the girls every little while, make sure they had their buckets ready just in case, keep up the tylenol, and clean the bathroom every couple of hours (: . At the end of the day I think we were all ready to see a fresh face! Thank goodness for husbands. Bri took over then and I happily finished my book.

Today we are pretty much better. Tera said she is feeling great and went out to play and Ashty was so grateful to have someone to go out with her, and I went to Enrichment. Shay still has a fever poor girl, but she got off the couch and ate a little dinner. I think we are on the uphill.

Enrichment was great today. I didn't plan on going because I felt awful last night, but I felt better this morning, and I'm glad I made it. I went to a class on decluttering your life. She had some great ideas, and Joni, you will be happy to know that she talked about "Fly Lady"!!
The other class I heard was on haircutting! Very great tips, just wait until you see Brian's new haircut! Just kidding, it will be a week or so before he lets me cut his hair again...

Comments

Corinne said…
I'm so sorry everyone was sick! That is YUCK. Glad that you're on the mend now.
Mendy said…
I'm glad your family is on the mend, Brenda. I hope we all get rid of winter and its sicknesses soon!
Jenni said…
Ooh everyone having the stomach flu is just the pits!! I'm glad they are getting better. I really enjoyed the de-clutter class too - well except for having my cel phone go off in the middle!! :) I'm going to have to check out fly lady.
Cami said…
Ugh. I hate being sick! I'm so sorry you have to do all that. And I'm sure Brian's hair will be just great.
Julia said…
I'm glad you're all feeling better--I saw Shay hanging out with Bri at church yesterday, and asked her if she was sick. She nodded, and didn't have her usual bright smile, but she does have a good daddy to take care of her. I hope she's much better today!
Jeri said…
I am sorry they were all sick! It is so hard on them.

I hope Brian's haircut doesn't end up looking like Brent Walls! =)

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet