Saturday Morning...



I can't believe I forgot to blog about this! This last Saturday morning we found our van had been broken into! The night before we had been out late and came in in kind of a hurry. As I was grabbing Raegan, one of my girls, asked me for the keys to open the house. I gave it to her without thinking about it. We quickly got our girls to bed and cleaned our house. Bri went outside to get something on our porch and found our keys in the door. Ahh! I have done this many times, so I won't be too hard on my little girl. (:

Well, the next morning Bri went with the girls to move a piano and found our van in quite a mess. We had our GPS holder on our wind shield we think that may have been the motivation. Things were pulled out of our glove compartment and drawers and were thrown everywhere! So scary! Luckily, we didn't have our GPS in our van at the time. It looked like they were in a huge hurry because they didn't even bother with taking our DVDs or our headphones for our DVD player. Hmmm... the one thing they did take was the cable for our GPS, oh and a few coins. We were so relieved that they didn't do more damage or steal more things. Granted, the DVDs in our van are, The Little Mermaid, Little House on the Prairie, and Winnie the Pooh. I can't believe they didn't take those!! (:

So, that afternoon we were getting our mail on our community mail boxes, and saw our GPS cable on the top! The only thing that we can think of is that they started feeling guilty and wanted to get it back to us. I mean, what do you do with a cable without the GPS? Or, maybe their parents found it and told them to give it back. Whatever happened, we are glad they gave it back and we sure learned a lesson! Never give your kids the keys.... oh, I mean always remember to lock your doors!(:

Comments

Amber said…
Oh I am so glad it wasn't worse.
Joni said…
That is just unsettling. I would feel so violated knowing that someone rifled through my car. (Wait, that did happen to my folks once and it was creepy.) It must be someone local since they knew how to return the cable, right? If I remember correctly the parking pads aren't numbered.

Well, here's to it not being worse, and at least they only tried your car, not the house!
Julia said…
That's so not fun. Funny they didn't take the kid's DVD's... but honestly most thieves are really after money & anything they can sell for money.

There were theives that knew our church code in Paris & they stole quite a bit from me once. A lot of money in Francs, Metro passes, etc. It was funny to see what they left though... My gloves & Missionary letter to my family. Hmm, I can only guess why they wouldn't want that!
Wow, if you are going be robbed it is always great to have a nice theif, or at least one that knows how to feel some guilt!
Meg said…
That's pretty crazy! I'm glad you got your cable back though. That reminds me of something that happened to my little brother. The locks on the family car (ie piece of junk ford) were getting stuck so he left the doors unlocked. When he was leaving school to go home there was some homeless dude sitting in the car eating the breakfast bars he had in there. Mick scared him off (he's 6'6" and a pretty big guy) but he took the breakfast bars and the loose change.
Kellie said…
I am so sorry, Brenda. Thank goodness you and your family are safe.
Corinne said…
My car got broken into once in Utah - the broke the back window and made a mess of it, but there was nothing to take :) It WAS very unsettling though, to know some stranger had been in there. I'm really glad everything ended up being okay Brenda :)
Jenni said…
I totally feel for you having had our car totally stripped right in front of our house - it's just so violating! Glad you got your cable back! I hope the story is they felt bad about it themselves and gave it back!
Tracy said…
So sorry Brenda! I'm always leaving my keys in the door too -- terrible habit. I can't believe they didn't want your Little House on the Prairie dvds. I haven't seen that in years. Glad you still have your van!
Jann said…
There is just something in the pit of your stomach when you know someone else has broken into your property. I am glad it turned out okay. Good job on not putting the GPS in the glove compartment. Mine would have totally been gone.
Julia said…
Oh my goodness! Reminds me of the Christmas morning we went out to our van to go to church and found the radio had been stolen out of the dashboard. "Merry Christmas" was all my Mom said. We never left the van unlocked again.
Cami said…
Oh man! That is a crazy scenario. I would probably have been just as mad about the cord. I'm glad you got it. For example, our camcorder cord is missing, so I cannot take any videos. This is a tragedy.

Well, I'm glad now, that Jake makes me take the GPS out every dang day. Not to mention that I leave my ipod sitting on the seat sometimes. Oh dear.
Jeri said…
Horrible. I am glad nothing else was taken, and that you got your cord back. My friend had her raido stolen in front of our house in Utah. The police got a tip call, and they found it in a shopping cart on the side of ShopCo!

My neighbors had their car broken into, they threw the stuff they didn't want all over the road. Diapers and clothes were everywhere. Rude.
Mendy said…
I can't believe that happened! I've left my keys in the door before--and on my porch. I'm glad that they didn't damage your car or take your stuff.
Christie said…
How interesting that the cables were given back... you feel so violated when you get robbed. We had Brents car stereo stolen in Toldeo, it really made me feel uneasy.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet