Preschool, here we come!




My little Ashty finally made it to preschool! She has been asking about it for months now, mostly because we used it as a bribe for potty training. Well, potty training has come and gone and still no preschool. I think she was beginning to think it was all a bluff. It finally came yesterday and she was so excited!

This last Tuesday we had "meet the teacher day". Ashty and I got to go together to see her class and meet her teachers. We had a great time. It's always a little nerve racking to see if your child will adjust, but there were no problems. Oh, expect that I basically had to pull her out! After Tuesday she has asked me multiple times, "when do I get to go to preshool without you momma?". I guess she didn't enjoy my hovering. (:


The older girls didn't have school yesterday (Rosh Hashanah) so I packed all four girls into the car to see Ashty off on her first day. Ashty went running in and I basically had to yell to her to say goodbye to me. When I came to get her after an hour (they ease into it) she just smiled and was content to stay there eating her popsicle. By the time all the other kids had gone, Ashty was still sitting there happily eating away while Tera, Shay, Raegy and I waited patiently hoping she would eventually want to go home with us. Well, it took a little convincing, but she did come after I promised her she could keep her popsicle stick, oh and her napkin (she almost threw a fit when I threw it away). We took a few more pictures and left for home for a nap. Yes, I needed one after a long morning (: .


Some fun things about Ashtyn that I hope to remember...

Loves to help us cook
Says "shoowa" instead of "sure"
Has a blankie she calls her "silky blankie" which she won't let out of her sight!
Hates peaches (how sad!)
Loves loves loves pink
Favorite character is Dora the Explorer and sometimes Diego
Goes potty by herself now, but prefers that I do most of the dirty work (:
Loves hand-me-downs from friends
Would be content with cereal every morning
Can smell candy from a mile away
Would prefer that we ate candy for every meal
Has the neighbor kids wrapped around her finger
Waves and says "hi" to just about anyone
Says, "I want to be a big girl" when I'm doing her hair (which means two ponytails).
Favorite phrase... "two more minutes?!"
Loves to hug all the kids in our neighborhood
Drama queen (you never know what to expect).
Fearless (in just about everything).
Says, "can I have a peanut butter spoon?"
Instead of "hello", she says, "heado!"




Love you Ashty!

Comments

Jenni said…
What a fun post!! Ashtyn is the most adorable little girl! Ben just had his first day today and I was just about to do a preschool post too! It's so funny, I waited quite a while for Ben to finish his popsicle today too - there was no way he was leaving with out finishing it either! Those funny 3 year olds!
Jann said…
What a sweetie. This is such a cute post. So amazing to see them growing up, and putting a little space between you. Hard too.
Julia said…
Ashty is so adorable! What great photos. She looks like such a charmer!
Christie said…
What a cute post. looks like she will love preschool. I love 3 year olds they were my favorite to teach when I was teaching, they have so much enthusiasum!
Tracy said…
I love when Ashtyn spends the day with Selena. She's always so perfect and never throws a fit when I take her to the store, that's why I reward her with sticky candy to take home.:) So glad she's enjoying preschool.
Dawn said…
I can't believe how big raegan has gotten. Ashtyn of course is a cutie
Joni said…
How is she all grown up? I'm sad I don't know her like I know Tera and Shay. I do remember breaking into your house when she was born:) Happy preschool Ashtyn!
Cami said…
Oh, she is just so dang cute. You guys are all going to that preschool I almost went to a million times. I hear it's fantastic! She is funny and a lot like Ethan. We should get them together more.
Julia said…
Ashty is so adorable! and don't forget, fairly fearless! Every time I see her she's always into something! And who wouldn't want candy for every meal???

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet