December

Yes, it has been quite a while since I have written. I have to say now that my older girls are in school again, life is finally coming back to normal so hopefully I will be getting my routines back. I could spend all day blogging about what we've been up to, but don't worry, I won't. I'll just make a quick list of our December and early January events...

*Annual work Christmas party - my kids love this! They get to see Santa (Raegan's favorite part, see below), watch circus shows and reptile shows, eat lots of yummy food, and all the ice cream bars they want. It's great.


*Shay's basketball on Saturdays- Yes, my Shay started basketball. I have been amazed at how aggressive those little girls can get. I think Shay was pretty amazed too. I don't think she realized it was okay to grab the ball when someone else looked like they wanted it... She is getting much better. (:

*Gingerbread house- I know this is a tradition in many families, but this year was so much fun cause we let the kids do what they want (I guess I am getting a little more lax as the years go on). Raegan was a hoot! She basically sat on the table eating the candy as fast as she could. Then the girls decorated her face with frosting and then painted their own face. I can't believe what I let them get away with now....






*Annual Christmas lights at Symphony Woods- We let our kids take turns driving through this, then we quickly pull over and buckle them up asap at the end. They love it!

*Christmas Adam sleepover- Bri sleeps with our girls every year on Christmas Adam. The girls look forward to it all season. What a sweet dad, I tell you!

*Christmas Eve at the Turpins- Every year we go eat fondue on Christmas eve at the Turpins and do a manger scene at the end. Very fun!



*Christmas- Well, we didn't have any family over this year, but it was wonderful anyway. We had our tradition of waking up before the girls and cooking a yummy breakfast over candle light (hot chocolate, quiche, muffins, sausage, egg nog). Then when everyone is done, we go in youngest to oldest. I know, how mean to make them wait huh? They love the anticipation though and so do we.
That night we went to our friends, the Suttons for Christmas dinner, chatting, and some good old karaoke! It made the day so much better to spend it with friends.

*Hair disaster- In all my life I have never seen a hair knot like I saw in my little Ashtyn's hair this last week. I spent hours trying to get it out with conditioner, water, even peanut butter. Who knows how it happened, but it was bad so we finally had to cut it out. Thus resulting in Ashtyn's first real hair cut...


*New Years Eve- We decided to break a tradition for a year and spend this evening at a friends house. We went to the Larkins and had some awesome food, while our kids happily left us to the basement for their own made up carnival. It was great! We then came home around 10:00, decided we were too tired, so spent the midnight hour happily snoring away...

*Two weeks of no school - Okay, I was so happy that this morning came. Although we had a great two weeks, I feel so out of my routines. My girls have been busy doing spelling every day (trying to catch up), piano every day, chores, reading, and play. With all this and meals every few hours, it's been hard to find time for much else. So, it is relieving to be somewhat normal today (although preschool hasn't started yet).

Comments

Christie said…
Sounds like some busy times. I love your blog page, so cute. Esp the snow flake on the side.
COOLWHIP said…
I was beginning to wonder about you guys. Glad everyone is happy and healthy. I just heard that Marilyn has pnumonia. Hopefully some strong antibiotic will clear that for her.
Tracy said…
So glad you finally blogged! I've missed seeing your girls. It'll be nice for them to get back to school. That Santa photo is so cute!
Jenni said…
Fun Christmas times!! We so missed having fondue with you and the Cami's fam - glad you all had a fun night!! I love your candlelight Christmas breakfast - that is so neat! I gotta say I was happy for school to start up again this week too!:)
Jann said…
You have had a great December. You have some very fun traditions.
Julia said…
You guys always have so much fun!
Glad you had a great Christmas!I've found the same thing with the gingerbread house... They love it so much more when they can say, "I created that all by myself."... and mmm, fondue... I am nuts about making every type of fondue. What kind did you guys have? Will you share the recipe?

Your Christmas card was so beautiful by the way! We put it on our fridge & at one point we tried to see how many girls we could get on the fridge my girls' ages. We ended up with 13 girls (including ours) plus four other families of all girls. Aren't princesses the best?
Cami said…
What a way fun season!! You have a lot of traditions. Thanks for spending Christmas Eve with us! It's always so fun.
erin sheely said…
What a blast!! I'm glad you had such good times.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet