HD... Here we come!!

So, if you have ever talked to my husband for longer than ten minutes or so, you probably know how much he wants an HDTV. Yes, he wants it that bad. Over the past say, about three years he has wanted one and has given subtle hints on a continual basis (which is actually not like him unless he wants something BAD). At first it totally surprised me. I really thought he was kidding. We really aren't the kind of people who typically get the biggest baddest thing on the market. I don't know, I guess we are too practical and a little cheap. I mean, we just got a cell phone for the first time about two years ago. And yes, I don't buy anything unless it is on sale. It just kills me.

When his little hints first started coming, I thought it was just a phase. But then, he got his friends and the Bishop in on it. Yes Bishop, I remember that night at your house where everyone tried to talk me into it. I thought to myself, "they don't know who they're talking to". I mean, HDTV's were so expensive and totally out of our price range. We really were perfectly happy with our little 29 inch analog tv (at least I was). It fit our needs. And, if we really wanted a great movie night, we have friends (thank you Turpins) with the whole shabang... I mean really???

But, the hints still came and more rapidly and finally he started sinking the idea into my head. I guess you probably know the ending... we did it. We bought a Samsung 50 inch HGTV (on sale by the way!) and we are so excited!!! Yes, I am excited too. Okay, I have to say, I thought we had made a mistake when I saw that HUGE box come out. I mean, it was huge!! It wasn't until we hung it on our wall that I realized we should have gotten the 60 inch tv. Ha ha, just kidding. Anyway, it is great and not as big as I thought when we are watching from all the way across the room.

So there you have it... he is getting to me. Or maybe I am getting a little soft. I mean, you have to enjoy life a little right?

Comments

Joni said…
I toured a house here that had an HDTV in the bedroom that literally took up the entire north wall. I had no idea you could buy a TV that big! Enjoy your TV! It's definitely a good time right now to buy things like that, at least from our experience.
COOLWHIP said…
Did you get it from Sears? JK
Jenni said…
Yay for you guys!! I was perfectly happy with our old TV too, but then our movers broke it and Adrian took the opportunity to buy a big HDTV - I think he might have bribed them to drop our old TV!(JK - I hope!;))
Annie Mitchell said…
I thought HD was over rated, until we got ours. I love it the picture really is better. You will like it. I bet Brian is really happy now!!
Tracy said…
I guess it's time for you to have a party so we can watch your fancy tv and eat yummy food in your living room! Congrats on your new addition.
Christie said…
Now the key is to pay for the HD... :-) We have a real nice TV, i refuse to pay the cable company any more money, so we just have plain old cable. :-) Congrats on the leap though. :-)
Cami said…
HA HA! You gave in! You'll like it. As long as you also have a DVR . . .

That's funny, because do you remember how we took back our TV and got a smaller one? Depends on the size of the room, I guess.

I hope Brian doesn't stop coming to movie nights now!
Jann said…
Congrats on your new tv. That is very fun.
EJN said…
Brian,

Glad to be of service!!! Now we need to work on getting the right HD service and a blu-ray player. I am more than willing to help in the next lobbying effort!!!!!

Bishop Nuss
Dawn said…
We need a HD! like a hole in the head. A 50inch Tv would take up the entire wall
Elizabeth said…
I'm glad to hear you've only had cell phones for two years. I thought we were the only ones on the planet that didn't have them! We broke down two years ago this spring. I like to have it around for safety reasons, but really, I could live without it other than that!

When Jeff started wanting another tv. Everytime we were at Costco or anywhere else he would look at them and ask me what I thought. Honestly, I couldn't really see a difference until we actually got one and I got used to it. Now though I can totally tell the difference. Congratulations to Brian!!! and you too!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet