England Trip (continued)

So, I have still been trying to figure out how to get my pictures on. I have been putting it off until I did, but I'm getting behind, so I decided to just go ahead and finish with my trip so I don't waste any more time! Hopefully, I will figure it out and eventually put pictures up. For now, I am just going to do a quick overview of the rest of our trip.


Friday, March 9th

Hales Abbey Ruins
12th Century church
Beautiful country side!
Anne Hathaway's cottage
Shakespeares birthplace
lunch at English eatery
Holy Trinity Church (Shakespeare's tomb)
Mutual with Joni
Bella Italia for dinner

Wow, I didn't realize we had such an eventful day on Friday! Joni took us to the ruins in the morning, and the ride up was beautiful. That afternoon we went to Anne Hathaway's cottage, (very interesting) and then Shakespeare's birthplace and the church where Shakespeare was buried. That night we went to mutual with Joni and met her young women and leaders. That night we went for more Italian food (Yummy!).



Saturday, March 10th

Bath
Roman Baths
Sally Lunn for lunch
Stonehenge
English pub

This was a great day for all of us I think. Bath was an awesome city that had tourists everywhere. Everything around us was quite authentic. I loved the atmosphere there also. I was taken back by the Roman Baths. There was much more to it than I thought. I don't really know what I was expecting, but it was amazing and very interesting!

I have to say, eating out in England was one of my favorite parts. I loved experiencing the British culture through their pubs and diners. It was quite fun! I feel like I should be talking with an accent now!

Stonehenge was amazing! I will always remember being in the "inner circle" and watching people taking pictures of us. Oh, I mean of the stones....

The English pub was quite fun "as well". Actually, this was one of my favorite things about England. We didn't know what we were doing, but it was so fun to find out. We had a great time. The food wasn't my fav, but I loved the short ceilings!!


Sunday, March 11th

Church
Book!
Cami sick
Gloucester Cathedral


Well, Cami was deathly ill today, but managed to go to church anyway. I was very impressed! Church was lovely and especially her ward members. They were very friendly and kind to us Americans. It was actually just like a ward in the states and I felt right at home. Joni and Jeff were definitely needed in the ward. The members love them, you could feel that.

Even with the sickness, we managed to go to a cathedral that was beautiful. Little Leah came with us. I loved her company. We came home, rested for a while (I read a great book, Twilight!) and then we watched the Holy Grail for Joni that night.
It was nice to have a relaxing Sunday.


Monday, March 12th

Throwing up
2 hr. bus ride to London
Darlington Hyde Park Hotel
Hyde Park to Kensington Palace
Oragery for Tea and cucumber sandwiches
Lechster Square on the Tube
Palace theatre for Spamalot
Pizza

We were off to London today! Both Cami and I threw up this morning. I think I was just a little ill from the vitamin I took on an empty stomache. Cami, was still recovering from the flu. She was quite a trooper! We stayed in a cute hotel in London called the Darlington and it was darling. It really was cute, and perfect for just the three of us. We walked to Hyde park and to Kensington Palace. It was a lovely walk. We had cucumber sandwiches at the Orangery and orange cake for dessert. That was a fun experience.

That night we went to Spamalot! We all were a little nervous about the content, but it was more or less clean and we had a lot of fun. That night we grabbed a pizza and went to our hotel to eat.


Tuesday, March 13th

Tube for St. Paul's Cathedral
Globe Theatre
Big Bus Tour
London Eye
Parlaiment Square
Big Ben
Westminster Abbey
Buckingham Palace
Covent Gardens
Lunch at Cafe Pacifico (Mexican)
Trafalgar square
Tower of London
Kings Cross Station platform 9 3/4
Lecester Square for a premiere of Factory Girl
with Sienna Miller
Prince Edward Theatre for Mary Poppins
Fish and Chips

This was our busiest day yet. We walked a lot and I think I lost a couple pounds. I was glad about that! There were a few things that we didn't get to see because of time, but all in all it was a great day. Mary Poppins was also a fun ending to a great trip.


Wednesday March 14th

Breakfast with Joni
Paddington station
Plane trip home

We had a lovely breakfast with Joni this morning and said our goodbyes. Cami and I made it safely to our train, (thanks to Joni showing us the night before) and we wer off back to the states. Our plane ride went smoothly and we were both glad to be going home after a fun trip.

It's amazing how different your kids can look after just one week! I thought my cute little Ashtyn was a neighbor kid when we pulled up. I was just about to go inside when I heard "Hi momma". I couldn't believe it was my little girl. What a great trip, but it's always nice to be home.

If you read this, thank you so much Joni for showing us around, letting us use your beds and baths, and even getting babysitters throughout the week! Cami also was a great companion and always kept me laughing. We had a wonderful time that I will remember forever.

One more thing, I just have to say these are my favorite British sayings.... As well, lovely, watch the gap, cheers, brilliant, oh and we can't forget, Give Way!

Comments

Corinne said…
Great! So much to remember. Good that you're writing it all down now!
Jenni said…
You guys did soooo much - I am truly impressed!! What great memories you will always have!! :)
Cami said…
Give way! I'm always saying that. For some reason when I added your blog to my roll it didn't quite save, so I didn't check it til today. I liked your concise trip analysis and comments. It's fun to remember. I still need all your pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet