Black eyed Ashtyn...



We are having a few problems with church. Well not exactly with church, but with after church. This is the problem. It takes me a while to get my things together after primary. We have to wait for all the boxes and folders to come in, we straighten and put away all the chairs, we clean up from our sharing times etc. Well, while we are doing this, Bri rounds up our kids and drops them off in the primary room with me. Then he leaves and cleans the chapel and empties all the garbages, oh and usually finds someone to talk to. While he is doing this, and I am getting my things together, there is a party going on in the primary room with all the kids who are waiting for their parents. Kids are everywhere. Kids are on the podium, on the piano, on each other and especially in the cupboard with the secret treat that isn't really a secret anymore (does this remind you of a Curious George book or what?) Well, it doesn't help that they all pretty much missed their afternoon naps too.

So, after yesterday, I now have proof of how bad it is. Ashtyn has a black eye. Yes, she was running around and got in a huge collision with about two other kids and got a head bunt right in the eye. Okay, so we have had multiple family home evening lessons on reverence and I don't know how many times I have asked my kids not to run in the church. Hmmm.... you think they would know by now huh? When we asked Shay what primary was on today she even said reverence. That was pretty ironic. Granted, Ashtyn did say she was sorry for running after it was all said and done. I wonder if she actually learned her lesson. We shall see next week huh?


I now need another method of rounding up my kids, since this one isn't working. Keep in mind that my family and I are usually the last ones out of the building (or at least close to it). If you have any suggestions, please let me know. In the mean time, enjoy the pictures... (:


Sunday night


Monday morning

Comments

Mendy said…
Not dear, sweet Ashtyn! I am so sorry she got hurt. Sundays are a really crazy day, aren't they? I'm always reduced to tears by the overwhelming-ness of it all. Maybe Brian could take a girl or two with him to clean the chapel? I don't know.
Jenni said…
Oh, poor Ashtyn, that's quite a shiner! I don't have any suggestions, cause my kids are maniacs after the meetings too, but I can tell you that I feel for you and hope there are no more collisions involving your sweet girls.
Cami said…
Oh dear! I hope my children were not involved, but they probably were. There's always so much putting away and final business at the end of church! It doesn't matter how much we try to keep the kids under control. It's just a mad house!
Kel said…
It is craziness! We are going to start meeting in the hall between the Primary and Relief Society rooms. I only have one little one though, and I can keep her in my arms if needs be. I am sorry about Ashtyn.
Tracy said…
My sweet Ashtyn. I'll just take your kids home after church. Then you and Brian can finish your cleaning in peace and they can have some girl time with my girls. It'll be fun for them and less stressful for you. So if you can't find your kids after church, they'll be at my house :)
Joni said…
Oh I remember those days! The chaos of the ten to fifteen minutes after church... The only solution I know of is to move into a smaller ward with only 20 Primary kids where they all run into the cultural hall and stay put. Oh, and you have to get different callings, too:)

I bet those pictures don't really capture how dark her eye is -- feel better, Ashtyn!
Christie said…
Poor girl... How sad. I was sorry to hear that your family is there taking care of all that stuff. 2 ideas, 1, Deligate.... assign someone elce who doesn't have little kids to do the jobs that you are doing after church, and go home.... 2, pack a bag of suprises (stuff they only see after church.... Maybe a snack? ) Camp them all in the corner away from the chaos and make em sit there. ? I like #1 personally. There has got to be someone w/o little ones, who can do this job for you guys. (you could also lock them in their seat belts in the car and lock the doors... uhh, did I say that out loud?.....)
ashlee said…
i have to say, i totally get where your kids are coming from. I mean, after three hours of church, i want to run and scream too!!
Julia said…
I could come in and help--sounds like there's more than just your kids in there going crazy, maybe they need an adult supervisor? I can do that, while you and the other Primary People are sorting away your things. Maybe the kids can be marshalled to help with the chairs... That doesn't take very long, though.
Scarlett said…
Oh Brenda I'm sorry about the shiner and also the stress level you find yourself in after church. I volunteer Matt to help you put away things after he's done dismissing his class. Once he's done there he can come over and give you a hand. I'll stand watch with all of mine and or just take them home. If anything he can help control the madness and help out where ever he can. He'd be happy to do it! This way you'll have someone else helping you put away chairs while you put other things away. Sorry to hear it, but I'm glad you said something. hugs.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet