Did someone say eye problems?

First, before I talk about all our eye problems, I just want to say how much I love my friends and their families who have been going through such a hard time right now. We have had an incident with a stranger in our church recently and it has affected so many wonderful people. My heart goes out to them and I am constantly praying for their sweet families. We sure love you and are slowing trying to pick up and move on. It's quite heart breaking to us all.


Well, I thought I would tell about our crazy week. After our incident with Ashtyn last week with her black eye, we have had two more eye problems. The second one happened on Friday evening. I was quite excited because Bri was finally coming home early (after months of working late) and I was going to get a whole bunch of shopping and errands done.

So, first I headed to the library. I got movie (for the babysitting group that we had that night) and got in my car ready to go to my next destination. My glasses were dirty so I took them off to clean them and they just snapped in my hand and the lens flew out in the car somewhere! Well, I am pretty hooked on my glasses. I don't have another option. I can't wear contacts, and I have no other replacements! Ahh! What was I going to do? I freaked out for a second, but then remembered what a handy husband I have (he can usually fix my problems at least temporarily, but also calms me down a little). Luckily, I was close to home so I carefully drove home in the pouring rain and searched for my lens. Bri had a solution, super glue! I was up for it. So, we super glued my glasses together and they work just great. I of course ordered a new pair from 39dollareyeglasses.com that night and prayed that mine would make it for a few more days. So now I am with glasses that are dirty (I'm afraid to clean them for fear of another breakage), and may be a little embarrassing, (at least it's not tape right?) but work just great.


The other incident we had this week was that my little three year old poked Teralyn in the eye three times. I know, I know, why didn't she stop her? I have asked her the same question. The answer was that they were playing around and it didn't hurt the first two times. Well, the third time it did, and it hurt bad! My sweet Teralyn is really not a complainer, but she complained all day that her eye was hurting her. I finally started to realize that it was bad when I asked her if she would like me to take her to the doctor or if she would rather go to the trunk or treat that we were having with our ward last night. She said, "well, I guess we better just go to the doctor". Ok, so this is when I realized it was serious. Bri headed on down to Nighttime Pediatric and Shaylee, Ashtyn, Raegan, and I headed on down to the trunk or treat. Bri and Teralyn would meet us there in an hour or two.

So, the trunk or treat was fun. We invited a family in our neighborhood to go with us and I think they had a good time too. I didn't get any pictures (I was a little overwhelmed), but the kids had a great time. I was just sad that my Teralyn couldn't be there. Finally at the end of the trunk or treating Teralyn and Bri made it. She had a gauze patch on her eye and has a corneal abrasion (a scratch down her eyeball). The doctor said it was one of the worst ones he had seen and was surprised she wasn't in more pain than she was. He put the gauze patch and some antibiotics on her eye and asked us to come in tomorrow for a follow up.


The follow up when good today. She has her gauze off and she still has a red eye, but it is healing quickly and she is feeling much better.

Comments

Scarlett said…
Oh my goodness Brenda I am so glad to hear Teralyn's doing much better and it wasn't something worse, although that sounds scary. I tell ya...when it rains it pours! This week, keep an "eye" out for better weather! ;)
Corinne said…
I felt so bad for poor Tera. She seemed so bummed that she arrived just as it was ending. I'm so glad that Brian took her in!!
Cami said…
Oh, poor Tera. And I thought it was part of her costume! How sad. I hope everyone can see better soon!
Teresa said…
Oh, my poor Tera. Please give her love from Grandma A.
Elizabeth said…
Wow! Poor Tera! I'm glad she's doing better.
Kellie said…
Oh, this hurts. Evan scratched my eye really badly when he was a tiny baby and I had the whole eye patch thing. I am glad Tera is healing quickly.
Julia said…
Oh, sweet Teralyn! That breaks my heart! She sounds like she's so tough, but ow!
Julia said…
Oh my goodness! No wonder you were so stressed out Saturday night! I'm glad I was able to help by taking Reagan off your hands--and like I told you then, ANY TIME!! In fact, you don't even have to ask, just walk up to me with the baby and I will automatically ask to hold the baby and then see how long I can hold onto her until you really want her back ;)

I'm glad Tera's eye will be ok. And it looks like Ashie's eye is clearing up too. Maybe this is the end of eye problems for a little while...
Jenni said…
Ouch! Poor Tera! Hope her eye is better soon!
Christie said…
Ouch! That hurts, I did that once, it really smarts! Luckly that eye heals up fairly quick, like the mouth. Poor Tera
Deb said…
i slipped on the ice once and snapped my frames in half. i lived with the super-glued glasses for a few days myself. it builds character. :) hope tera's eye feels better quickly!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet