Legend of Holly Claus

I just finished reading a book that Sarah Brown reccomended to me about hmmm... six months ago? She gave it to me right before Raegan was born and well, I just barely finished it. Mind you, I had a little bit going on in my life. Now that things are back to normal (at least sometimes) I find time to read again and I am loving it!

Well, the book is called The Legend of Holly Claus. I have to say it was a little hard for me to get into because I just couldn't think about Christmas when it was ninety degrees outside. Well, turns out it wasn't really about Christmas and it was quite fun to read. The whole basis of the book was on faith and letting go of fear. At the same time it was entertaining and a book that I could read again (which I rarely do).

Anyway, thank you Sarah for the book and for letting me keep it for so long! Oh, and Cami I still have your books and will return them.... next year or so. (:

Comments

Cami said…
No problem! One of my students keeps asking when I'm getting Goose Girl back, be she already borrowed that one! I also told her there is such a thing as a library. Heaven forbid!! Anyway, I want you to read them, so keep them as long as you need. :)
Christie said…
Sounds like a good read..I'll have to remember that.
Tracy said…
It's nice you finally have a little time to read. My sister mailed me a book that I should probably at least start reading before she asks me how I like it. You've inspired me, I'll start tomorrow:)
Jenni said…
That book sounds interesting! I'll have to look into it!
Jann said…
I am glad you are able to have time for some fun things. I love to read. I am going to have to read that one. It sounds good.
Teresa said…
I finally signed up with Google so that I can comment on your wonderful blogsite. You're a great writer, Bren! And you have such wonderful, supportive friends! I can tell by their comments. I just love reading these entries and seeing your beautiful children.

This morning I caught up on a lot of things that were written while we were gone to Romania, and I have to tell you, I was just laughing right out loud at your micecapades! Maybe it struck me as funny, ...no, hilarious, because I was acting the same way just yesterday! When we came home Saturday morning, I found that a mouse had made himself at home here while we were gone. I saw him 3 times in an hour! I almost stepped on him once! And Brenda, let me give you a hint about where you got your feelings about mice! I was screaming bloody murder! I just froze to the spot where I stood. When Ray came running, I had squashed one of those round boxes of salt I had in my hand. Luckily, he was home, and he set traps all over the house. I confined myself to the upstairs bedrooms, and even woke him up once in the night because I needed a drink and was too afraid to go down to the kitchen! But thank Goodness, he was in one of the traps this morning. I closed my eyes when Ray carried him upstairs and out the front door. I'm really thankful that Ray is so kind and understanding about it. He told me he would clean up all the droppings and disinfect things for me. I still haven't put away the chicken I bottled last night for fear that the mouse had a wife! Yuk!

I love you, Kiddo! I sure thought about all of you as we flew over MD Friday night. I brought you some little gifts. I can't wait to talk to you. Hugs to everyone! Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet