General Conference Weekend



This weekend was General conference. I love having Dish Network because we get to stay home as a family and watch it on television. It was wonderful, as it always is. We sustained Elder Eyring as our 2nd counselor in the first presidency and Elder Cook as the new apostle.

I also have to say that it was great to have a little rest from all the Sunday activities. We all slept in (or at least I did) and we made our traditional chips and seven layer dip. Very relaxing and enjoyable weekend and now I have a million things that I need to work on too. (:

Tonight I heard a funny conversation between my girls, I thought I would share. They were all in bed and I went up to put something away and heard them talking, so I had to stop and listen...

Shay, "Tera, will you please go get dad?"

Tera, "No Shay"

Shay, "Why Tera? I need him!"

Tera, "No, it's too scary."

Shay, "Our closet isn't scary Tera, and our house isn't creepy."

Tera, "It's not our house that's scary Shay, it's getting dad that is scary."

Shay, "Please Tera, will you go get him?"

Tera, "If you're not scared, then why don't you go get him?"

Shay, "Will you go with me Tera?"

Tera, "No Shay."

Shay, "But, I really, really need him Tera, please?"

At this point, I was laughing too hard to keep quiet anymore. I came downstairs and told Bri and he made his way up there to a daughter who acted like she would die if she didn't talk to her dad, but when he got there, couldn't think of what to say... figures. (:
Gotta love kids huh?

Just some pictures of Raegan after bath






And rolling on the floor...

Comments

Meg said…
What a happy child! That is a pretty funny conversation. We've been listening to most of conference at home on the internet. It's really nice to stay home! We did go to Sunday morning session and were surprised at how few cars there were in the parking lot. Isn't it great though how much easier it is getting to see and hear conference, even way out here in the "mission field" :)
Tracy said…
I loved today too. I didn't get out of my pj's. It was great. It would've been better if Chris were here, but I'm glad you had your hubby with you. 7 layer dip? Yummy. Cute pictures. I'm glad you don't have a scary house.
Cami said…
Oh, she's so cute. She looks a lot like Shaylee in some of those. That is a cute conversation. I wonder why getting daddy is scary?? It was nice to have a church break. I like conference weekend.
I loved the conversation between the girls that is so cute! Whenever my kids are scared at night I try to remember how terrifying dark corners were to me when I was little. Great pictures!
Joni said…
I read the girls' conversation to Jeff. They crack me up. And Raegan is just so big. I'm dying that my camera is broken. It's like Sara's face and body change every day. When we finally see Raegan she will be walking!!
Jenni said…
That last picture is SO cute!! Glad you guys had a nice conference weekend! The 7 layer dip sounds yummy!
Christie said…
Such a cute conversation between your girls. I can't imagine Brian and scary. :-) I absolutly love bath pictures. So cute!
Jann said…
Such cute pictures. I love the sleeping in, and lazying around days of conference. Your girls are so cute.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet