After five years, and it's over.....

Last Sunday I was released from the primary presidency after being in for five years!! And yes, I have loved every minute of it. Although I sometimes missed getting to know the sisters in the ward, I made some wonderful friends in the primary and loved being with and teaching those cute kids. When I first got in, I thought I would never get used to the two to three hour presidency meetings that we had every Wednesday, but after a while I learned to love them and they became almost my favorite part of my week (: . I have to say though that I definitely have mixed feelings about being released. On the one hand, I am really excited to get enriched in Sunday school and relief society (I know, that sounds weird, but it has been almost nine years since I have been in!). But on the other hand, I will miss the my friends who I have worked so closely with for so long and feeling the sweet simple spirit that you get in primary.

So, about three days before I was released and before the calling was even open, I had a feeling that I was going to be called as the compassionate service leader. I haven't ever envied that calling and was actually shocked when Jeri said how much she loved it, so I quickly pushed the thought out of my mind and tried to ignore it. Well, it kept coming back and then when Jeri got called as 1st counselor in the primary presidency, I leaned over to Brian and said, "I know what my calling is going to be." The next Sunday morning I was called...

Okay, now that I think about it, I think that the Lord knew that I needed a little time to think it over in my head before I was called. I know it won't be easy, but already I have a better attitude than I think I would have if I wasn't a little prepared. I have a wonderful mentor who came before me and I'm actually a little excited for my new calling. Who knew huh?

So, to my fellow ward sisters, If your husband's haven't already blocked our number from the amount of calls Brian makes, then you just better do it now.... (:

Comments

Joni said…
I love your family picture!

I've been checking your blog because I suspected that you may have been released after reading that Jeri was now in Primary. After all, I've had three callings since you started in Primary! It was really hard for me to do Primary and I have so much respect for you -- all those Sharing Times and keeping the classes organized! I wish you well for Compassionate Service:) I laughed about blocking your number!
Jeri said…
I have to say...I am so excited that you and I are switching callings! You are going to love being the compassionate service leader! LOVE IT! It has been an amazing learning experience for me, and I have come to love SO MANY women in the ward.

I think I told you how the Lord prepared for my new calling. I had a dream just hours before I was called, but I was made the Primary chorister. That is my "nightmare" calling, so 1st counselor sounded so good to me!
Tracy said…
You are perfect for the calling, because you're so compassionate anyway! I know what you mean about missing the people you work with. I loved our board meetings for Young Women. It's so sad not to work with them anymore. I'll still answer the phone when you call.
Christie said…
Thank you for your years of service in the primary, I know that my children's lives have been touched by your service. You are going to be a wonderful compassionate service leader. I promise to not block you out on our phone. :-)
Jenni said…
Wow, I didn't know it was 5 years! You were amazing in the primary and I admit I totally missed the primary presidency meetings after I was put in the RS.:) But it's going to be so fun to get to see you in RS and I know you are going to be such a great compassionate service leader! You can call me anytime, your number won't be blocked here!:)
Meg said…
Wow, 5 years is a long time! That's nearly as long as Bob and I have been married. Good luck with your new calling. I'm sure you'll be great!
Kellie said…
It is such an emotional roller coaster to be released from something you've put so much of yourself into. Thanks for all you've done for my children over the years. You've been in the presidency while all but two of them were in primary.
Scarlett said…
It was through CS that I was able to get through so much after delivering my kids. It was because of it that I now have great friends in the ward. Your new calling is a perfect fit for you and I'm sure you'll be as fabulous as you were when you were in primary!
I guess I better go lift the restriction we had on you number!(kidding!)
Cami said…
HA! Brenda, I will be happy to help you compassionately serve. You will be great. But we'll sure miss you in Primary! It just won't be the same.
jenny-penny said…
Brenda it has been a great experience working with you in Primary. I feel like I know you so much better. :) I love how the Lord prepares us for the callings and responsibilities that he has in store for us. I know you'll do great in your new calling. It is just the right place for you to be and you'll love serving and loving the families you've served in the past in a new and different way. You're such an example to me of love and compassion, you'll be great. I know you will.
Jann said…
Thank you so much for your years of service to my kids. It will be great to see your smiling face in RS.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet