Christmas



Christmas Eve day was actually really relaxing this year. We had everything ready, so we got to relax a little as a family. Then, that night we headed on over to our friends house, the Turpins, for a little fondue. We had cheese fondue for dinner and then chocolate for dessert. We loved it! We have done this a few years now because we are both family less during this time and every year we just have such a great time and eat so much! Our kids had a blast playing video games downstairs and so we had a great evening. We then acted out the Nativity (so sad that I forgot my camera!) and all the kids were so cute! We headed on home and our girls all climbed into bed with Tera (all on the top bunk) and excitedly went to sleep (at least I think they did).

Bri and I watched Elf and laughed all evening while we prepared. The next morning we woke up before our girls (around 5:30), made some breakfast, put it in the oven, and then I went back to sleep (: . Bri finally woke the girls (and their mom) around 7:00 and we had our annual candlelight breakfast before the Christmas rush. We had a great breakfast and then lined up youngest to oldest to go in to Christmas.

This year was one of my favorites so far. The girls didn't rush through things too much, but actually took time to wait for each other a little. They each get three presents from us and then a stocking from Santa. We asked them to wait for their sisters to open their gifts, so they would all do it at the same time, and they did a great job. It was a very fun morning.


These were the gifts the girls got this year:

Tera- American Girl Doll (I know, we splurged a little), world
globe, and Barbie head (you can do her hair).
Shaylee- Barbie laptop, karaoke machine (maybe they actually will have the guts to
sing in the talent show this year. Cross your fingers!), and remote control
dog.
Ashtyn- Littlest Pet Shop, Leapster, and a new baby stroller.
Raegan- blocks, more blocks, and turtle push toy


Every year Brian tries to surprise me with a gift. He is convinced that I am psychic or something because I always know my gifts! I actually really try not to know. One year I found the receipt lying in the floor. Well, this year he actually surprised me! he gave me Photoshop Elements from Adobe. It's a program that helps you fix your pictures. I am really excited about it, now I just need a new camera (: ....
But the best part about it was that I had no idea! I even suggested this to him a while ago, but when it came down to it, I had totally forgotten about the suggestion.

As for Bri, he pretty much knew that he was going to get roller blades. He loves them though! He went out on Christmas day and tried them out. He has never had in line skates before and he is determined to learn how to use them. I am quite proud of him because he got my girls to go out on their roller blades too. Maybe they will actually learn how to use them after all.

So, Christmas night we had the Jensen family and Bro. Sethi in our ward for Christmas dinner. We had ham, yummy potatoes (Nicole's), salad, rolls and then caramel holiday popcorn. We just talked and enjoyed Bro. Sethi's stories and then the kids did a little karaoke.






Yesterday, Bri still had time off (he got senior staff the other day at work and therefore has five extra days of vacation a year!!!!). So, we played games all day and then in the evening went ice skating. Ashtyn was begging to go all day, but when she actually got the skates on and realized what she was getting herself into, I think she changed her mind. After a few falls, she did go out again though! Tera and Shay stayed pretty close to then edge for the first hour, but by the second they were actually letting go of the side a little! Raegan and I enjoyed watching from the side and laughing at Brian skating from girl to girl. I think that was his crash course for ice skating. He did pretty darn good though...



























Teralyn lost her tooth on Christmas Eve!!

Comments

Julia said…
Wow, Teralyn's a great ice skater! Which American doll girl did you get? I'm thinking of getting Felicity for Mickayla's birthday. You'll have to let me know how you like Adobe. I only have their 7.0 photo version, but I totally love HP & JASC photo. I'd love to know how they compare. Merry Christmas!... and I LOVED the photos on your Christmas card. What a beautiful family you have!
Cami said…
What a fun Christmas! Oh, I wish _I_ went ice skating! But Jake is horrible and I know the kids would never do it. Too bad. But it sounds like you guys had a blast.
Joni said…
What a fun Christmas. I can't wait for the kids to get older (and get more of them) because then Christmas lasts longer and longer! Remember when I took the girls to Elf, thinking it was a totally kid-friendly movie? Poor Tera! She really did not like it.
Anonymous said…
Hi Brenda, I found your blog. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. I wanna go ice skating!!! Let's get together some time!
Christie said…
Sounds like a great time, I can't imagine taking 3 non skaters skating alone..... thats hard work. Did you get the Lynda.com tutorials with your Photoshop? They are really good, you should check them out.
Tracy said…
Roller blades? I hope he doesn't break something. You'll have to call people to bring you dinner. We get the Amercian Doll magazine and Sophia now wants all of them. How fun to go ice skating. I'll have to take my kids one day.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet