Last Thursday night was a mommy daughter culture night at the school. Tera, Shay and I headed over and learned about Europe, South America, and Egypt. We did hieroglyphics, watched a movie about castle life in mid evil times, looked for puzzle pieces in sand, did rope swings, hula hoops, scooters, and balance beams. The girls and I had a great time, especially trying to do hula hoops together (I guess I don't have the hips I used to have!). Anyway, it was a very fun night and we can't wait to do it again next year!



Friday was another snow day, but it wasn't snow, it was freezing rain! I think this was the worst ice storm that I have seen since we moved to Maryland. It was amazing at how much ice was on our sidewalk. It was another perfect day to finish the science project board.

Saturday... oh what a crazy day! In the morning we finished up Teralyn's science project board, helped her get talk ready for Sunday, went out and bought a cake and candles, got the kids in the bath and then headed on over to the bowling alley for Shay's birthday party all by 12:00.

The party was fun, but a little crazy. We were promised that it was our day to relax and enjoy our daughter's party. Hmmm.... we were quite busy the whole time trying to get 13 little kids happily bowling while we managed a tired baby and sick three year old. It was quite the sight. Thank goodness my neighbor was there and offered to help with Raegan (and thank you parents for helping too). Everything went a little smoother after that. Although, if you talk to Bri he would beg to differ (he was a little worn out). Anyway, the kids had a great time and Shay had a great time, so we were happy.






When we got home it was around 3:30, I fed Raegan and put her to bed and then we finished opening Shay's gifts from her friends (didn't have time at the alley). Then, we quickly went over the dance that we promised our friend Cami that we would do for the ward talent show that night, and piled our kids back in the car, woke up our sleepy baby, grabbed our cd player, and piano books and headed to the stake center.

Teralyn and Shaylee have been asking me for three years if they could sing a song in the ward talent show. Every year I say yes and every year, when it gets closer, they change their minds. This year we decided to ask our little friends if they would help us out. Hailey and Jensen Terry did a song in the ward talent show last year that was awesome so we thought it would be a good idea to get them involved too. It was, the girls did a great job and actually followed through with it. I was very proud! Tamela (Hailey and Jensen's mom) did all the work though. She spent quite a bit of time practicing with them right before while I was out having fun (oh, I mean practicing our Love Me Tender music video.)

The whole talent show was very fun. The girls did great with their song, Teralyn did great with her piano pieces, and Bri and I had a fun time with 5 other people in our ward who performed the "worst music video ever" (check it out on you tube). Oh, and let's not forget Brian's Napoleon Dynamite dance. Yes, he danced the dance of Napoleon for the third consecutive year in our ward talent show! It was so funny and he did a great job. I have pictures from previous years, but this year I had a babe in my arms, so you get the picture... anyway, it was hillarious!

I was a little upset at Bri who put my name in for a Dance Dance Revolution contest and because of time they only ended up doing one (of which I was a part of!). Oh well, I guess I deserved it since I put his name in last year when he had to impersonate the bishop ice skating! It was pretty funny. Anyway, all in all it was a great night! We came home exhausted.

In the night Shay woke up with a fever. I stayed home with her and Raegan from church and now Raegan has come down with it. So now, we are back to hanging out on the couch with multiple movies and chicken noodle soup....

Comments

Christie said…
My, I am tired after reading about your weekend. What a time you all had. Your dance was so funny, and your girls little song was cute. Thanks to your family for 3 performances that night! :-)
Cami said…
You guys were totally AWESOME for doing that dance. It sounds like you had a very busy day! I am putting that video up on YouTube at the moment, and it will be on my blog shortly.

Also, I have a book with a girl on it that looks EXACTLY like Shaylee. It's called Swan Sister, if you care to look on my Shelfari shelf.
Jenni said…
It was so fun to hang out with you and your girls at girls night and your family's performances at the talent show were GREAT!! What a full weekend you had - happy happy bday to Shaylee!!
Nat said…
Yeah, just reading that could make me exhausted!! You are such a great mom! What lucky girls.
Jann said…
Wow, a crazy day. You guys were so fun to watch. Your girls did a great job too. Hope everyone is feeling better.
Tamela said…
No way. I DID NOT do all the work for the girls' song together. Brenda, you found the song, downloaded the music, put it on your ipod, brought the karaoke player, etc. All I did was a little last-minute directing (and I'm sure my control-freak approach to things only served to stress out the girls!). THANKS Brenda for all your hard work. It was fun!
Tracy said…
Sophia loved the girls night out, but was not happy she didn't get to go to the South America room. You are a star at our house -- Selena loves watching your dance video over & over again. It was fun the first 5 times, but I'm ready to pull my hair out now. Happy Birthday to Shaylee -- I hope she's feeling better now.
Kellie said…
Fun times. I'm sorry I missed the talent show-it sounds like so much fun. I really wanted to be in that worst video re-enactment. The Culture night at school sounds really fun-what a great idea.
Deb said…
wow, that was quite the week! sorry to hear about the illness. i can't wait for winter to be over!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet