National Cathedral with Michelle

This last weekend we spent a little more time with my sweet sister in law, Michelle. She is a dietitian in Utah and every year gets to come to DC to go to a conference. So, we are lucky enough to get to have her stay with us for the weekend before and the weekend after and we always love it so much.

Since Michelle has been out many times before, she has probably seen more sights out here than we have. This time we thought we would mostly just talk and let our girls have a little visit with their aunt (it has been since summer that we have had family out!! boo hoo!) Anyway, we had a great time with her and she got to go ice skating and bowling. I know, she comes all the way out for that???

To give us a little credit, we also took her to the National Cathedral (which she was hoping to see last time, but we didn't get around to it). Bri took off last Friday from work and since the girls didn't have school we decided to do that.

Well, the cathedral is beautiful. It totally reminded me of my England trip and made me want to go back! It was actually a lot of fun. The best part was the elevator (according to my kids) from the parking garage. It was glass and it was outside so we got to "ride up" to the beautiful sun! My favorite part was actually the bishop's garden outside. It had so many cute paths and it was green and well taken care of. We had a good time playing hide and seek. Hee hee! We laughed so hard at Ashtyn one time when she ran on the path of two tiny dogs and screamed her lungs out and took off the other direction (what funny girls I have!).

Anyway, I forgot my camera, Argh!! But, if you ever get a chance to go see the cathedral, do it! It was a very fun trip.

Here is a cute picture of Michelle and the girls. Oh, by the way, she is very single!!

Comments

Deb said…
what a great picture! the national cathedral is really fun to visit. we like to take our tourists there as well.
Cami said…
My guests have always seen more of D.C. than I have too. I guess we just don't take the time since we're not on vacation! I've never been to the National Cathedral, but it looks beautiful.
Christie said…
Sounds nice, I've never been out there. maybe next time Brent has a day off.
Emily said…
Hi Brenda! It's your cousin Emily (Dart). What a cute picture of 'the girls'. How fun to go to the Cathedral. Nick and I drove out there one day and the elevator was fun! I would love to go back and see the gardens. It started pouring rain when we left so we didn't get to see much of the outside.

Hopefully we'll get to see you sometime when we are out there this summer. I would love to meet your beautiful girls!
Jenni said…
Oh I love the national cathedral too! We haven't been for such a long time - I bet if we took Ben now he'd get a kick out of the darth vadar gargoyle! Glad you had a fun visit with your sister-in-law!
Tracy said…
How fun. We've never been there. How frustrating to forget your camera. You'll have to do it again. Love the sister time!
Corinne said…
I've had that on my list to visit for a long time. Now I've got to try it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet