Bowling With a Baby



Three Fridays of every month our family has a babysitting swap with two other families in our ward. It works out great for everyone. The kids have a blast and look forward to it every time, and we really enjoy our date nights. So, Brian and I haven't been too creative in the past. Usually we end up just going out to eat or going to a movie. We always try to do something creative, but we also have a babe in tow, so we end up not doing the usual creative things (sky diving, bungee cord jumping, parachuting, etc. you know the like...). (:

Anyway, last night we did something a little crazy for us and went bowling! We have tried this before but it was when I was about eight months pregnant and we went to the Columbia bowling alley. We were actually a little relieved when they said Friday nights were reserved for bowling leagues because it smelled of smoke and I felt a little out of place with my huge belly. So this time, we thought we would try the Laurel bowling alley, and we had a blast! It was clean (no smoky smell), it was friendly, we quickly got a lane, the scoring was electronic (yes, it has been that long for us), and we didn't even feel out of place with our little babe. There was actually a little family right next to us with two little kids.

So I have to say that the three times that I have been bowling with Brian, I always think I am going to beat him, but I never do! I don't know if it is my ego or what, but I guess I just need to admit to myself that he is better than me and then maybe next time I will beat him. We had two games and both times he wiped me out. Okay, so the first time the score was 126 to 85, and the second time the score was 125 to 108. As you can see, I'm getting better, watch out for next time Brian!

One of our favorite parts of the night though was that the little family right next to us kept cheering us on! They were so friendly and Raegan even let the mom hold her! I was shocked! After our little games, we went outside to a little sandwich shop called, "Shane's". We shared a super steak submarine and some fries and it was so yummy! We then got our girls, put them to bed, and had our movie night.

So, if you have any more good date ideas that we can do with a baby in tow, pass it on!

Comments

Cami said…
How fun! We've tried to go bowling a few times, but it has never worked out. Also, we want to play laser tag, but that's a little hard with a baby. So hmmm . . . we watch a lot of movies--you could come over and hang out with us!!
Elizabeth said…
It's hard when you have to bring a baby along. We usually put the kids to bed early and play a game or watch a movie at home. We have gone to musesums. You have a lot of great ones close to you!!! You could just push the baby in the stroller and there you go! I don't know what time the Smithsonians close so I guess that may not be a possibility.
Jenni said…
We almost went bowling as a family today - even went to the bowling alley but it was a 45 min. wait - maybe we'll try the alley you went to next time! I'm so glad you guys had a fun date! Yay for babysitting swaps!!
Christie said…
Sounds like a great time. We usually end up doing the boring eating thing, but we still love the date time anyway.
Dawn said…
I LOVE bowling, Brent I have gone alot and I have ALWAYS whooped his butt. I kid you not? We have a great bowling alley here so pop on a plane and come visit
Tracy said…
What a fun couple you are. You can leave the baby with us and then you can go bungee jumping!
Julia said…
So fun! We need to go bowling too. I think for our first five years we "Dated" with a baby in tow. We've even been dancing with a babe in arms. Course, most of the travel things usually revolve around the little tots activities. You live in such a fun place for anything, really.
Deb said…
i don't have any creative ideas. we are pretty boring daters these days. but it's hard when samuel goes to bed at 7:00 or 7:30. it's too late for dinner. we can barely make it to the temple. and i'm still too paranoid to let a babysitter put him down to sleep for us! maybe someday!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet