Ice, here we come!!

Okay, a little catch up....
Ever since Bri got in-line skates for Christmas, my whole family has been obsessed with roller skating and ice skating. Except me that is, I am terrified of it. It has to do with breaking my arm once on ice, and once on roller skates. I know, I know, get over it right? Anyway, we actually went one time during Christmas break to practice our basketball skills at the church and Bri brought all the roller skates too, so we had a little practice in there (don't worry, we aren't quite good enough to scuff up the gym, it was mostly a little scuffle here and a little scuffle there. (:



So, Brian gets this idea that my girls would love ice skating lessons. Shaylee immediately said yes, and Teralyn and Ashtyn immediately said no. Since we quit horse riding lessons for the winter (it was getting a little chilly), we decided to do it. After telling Teralyn that she didn't have to do it, and Brian threatening her that she did, :) she decided last minute that she would be brave and try. So, now they
are onto the adventure of the ice rink. So far, so good. We have only had one lesson, but they are actually enjoying it and are excited about it. Who would have thought that I would have girls who actually liked to get on ice skates???



Okay, I admit, it has looked like so much fun watching them, that I am considering trying again. I will have to ask my girls a little technique on falling though so I don't break another arm.

Comments

Julia said…
What a darling photo of your girls on skates. I love how Raegy's just crawling across. What a cool hobby. We love ice skating with our girls too, but as a mother falls terrify me. I still remember the very first time Annelise got on the ice. She had been walking perfectly on the ice skates on solid ground. She was 2 I think & she just had to get on the ice- without realizing how hard it was she slipped so fast. I guess Princess Barbie made it look to easy!
Cami said…
Brenda, give it a try! I'm sure you'll do great. My kids would NEVER put wheels on their feet, but I am looking forward to the day when we can all go ice skating. I love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet