New Years Eve Bash

Okay, so we had our second annual New Years Eve bash for our kids. It started two years ago (last year it fell on a Sunday so we didn't do it) when our kids asked us why we got to go to parties during the holidays and they didn't. We thought about it and said, "well, why don't we throw you a New Years Eve party and you can invite your friends over?". So, that year we had a total of eighteen kids in our house (while their parents went out) and we all had a blast.

We had so much fun last time that we decided to do it again. Brian and I are not quite to the superhero status (although we are pretty close), nor do we have the house space that we would like, so we didn't invite ALL their friends like they wanted, but we did invite quite a few and we totalled nineteen kids in our house for three hours.

Luckily, we had Dance Dance Revolution, so for the first hour Brian was able to do tournaments with the kids downstairs. I was just about ready to get the goody table set up, when I was bombarded with hungry kids. Turns out that I never did get the treat table set up, it was pretty much me handing out treats as fast as I could while the kids ran from DDR to the treats as fast as they could (to those whose kids came over, I'm sorry about the sugar high).


After an hour, we turned on Meet the Robinsons and the kids calmed down for a little while to watch a movie. We grabbed our new game of Sorry, and set it up in the living room for those who got a little bored of the movie. It turned out great, the stragglers came up with Bri and I and we directed a fun little game and enjoyed ourselves immensely! We laughed at little Ethan Turpin because he definitely kept the game animated, especially when he drew an eleven (his favorite, so he says).

The game and the movie ended simultaneously (I'm not sure how that worked out) and we loaded the kids up with hats, pots and pans, shoes and socks, coats, and of course noise makers (I know, you parents were happy about that one). We then ran down to our backyard and woke up all the neighbors.



So, it was successful and we can't wait until next year!

Comments

You're not at superhero status??!! I took one look at all those kids just watching the movie and thought, "Oh yes she is!!!" Either superhero or nuts! :) Sounds like fun in a crazy sort of way!
Christie said…
So cute, what fun parents you are....my kids would love it if we did that.
ashlee said…
what a great idea! your girls will love these memories!
Tracy said…
You are amazing. I always thought New Years was for kids going to bed early, so parents went out. You're just a better mom. Maybe one year I'll send my kids, because the thought of doing that at my house makes my head hurt. You are Wonder Woman!
Deb said…
you and brian are soooo nice! i'm sure it was tons of fun for the kids!
Anonymous said…
Holy cow! I wish i were that brave!
Sounds like a ton of fun though.
Jenni said…
You guys are SO fun to do this!! And brave!:) Sophie and Ben had a blast and are still talking about dance dance revolution!:)
Cami said…
OH! MY! GOSH! That is a lot of kids! I am glad Ethan entertained you, because I was worried that he wouldn't sit for the movie. He never does, that funny head. Do you need some help next year?? I feel so guilty just being all on our own. I hope Jeffy didn't hog the DDR.
Julia said…
that sounds like it was so much fun! Let me know if you would additional adult help next year; I would love to come!
Corinne said…
Seriously, my kids had so much fun. What fun parents to do something like that :)
April said…
How did you figure out that new template?? You must be a genius!
Elizabeth said…
What a fun idea! Sounds like your kids had a great time!
Julia said…
Are you sure it's only your 2nd annual? I was missing you guys this year, because it always seemed like we did something fun together for New Years. I still remember that first one with you, Stimpsons, & the Mitchells. We reminded our girls how last year you guys took 'em all out in the parking lot & banged pots & pans. And, yes, I do believe you are in superhero status.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet