Preschool blunders, and a great book...

So, last night I finished a great book. It's called, The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. I loved it! Cami actually loaned it to me quite a while ago, and I just didn't get around to reading it until now. (I'm sorry Cami, I will finally return your book!) Anyway, I am so glad that she recommended it me. It was very light reading, but so much fun. Check it out if you get a chance.

Yesterday Ashtyn refused to go to preschool. She told me when she woke up that she didn't want to go, and I just crossed my fingers that she would. When we got in, I tried to be excited, hoping it would rub off on her, but no go. She basically clung to my leg like it was the end of the world or something. her teachers tried their darndest to get her off my legs and into class, but she threatened a huge tantrum, so they gave up. After about fifteen minutes of this, I decided to not push it. I told her that we could go home, but when she got home, she needed to go take a nap on her bed. She said "no" of course, but I guess that she knew I meant business because she went straight up to her bed and laid down, pouting to herself. Well, after about an hour of not sleeping and pouting she asked me if she could go to preschool. It was too late by then so we just had a little chat about the reasons she doesn't like preschool. The only thing that I can think is the problem is that she doesn't have a lot of friends at school. She complains that the kids don't play with her (I'm sure she is not doing much to help). I am just a little frustrated and don't really know what to do.... Any advice will help.

Comments

Jenni said…
I really need to read Goose Girl - I even have it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Have you read Princess Academy - that's a cute one too.

I'm sorry about the preschool thing. I don't have any advice, but it sounds like you handled it really well! I hope Ashtyn has fun at preschool next time!
Christie said…
Ooo, thats a rough time. If it is friends, maybe a play date with a child from school.
Joni said…
I feel for you and preschool. Leah had a bout where she told me that she didn't like it because none of the other children would play with her. I talked to the teachers and they said she played with lots of other kids, so who knows? The mind of a three-year-old can be a tricky thing. My only advice is that perhaps it's just a phase...? Did she just start?
Tracy said…
It'll be great next year when Selena goes with her. Next time bring her to play at my house!
Cami said…
I'm glad you like Goose Girl! I've got 2 sequels for you. And another like it but unrelated.

I'm sorry about preschool. That is tough. Jefferson had some tough times with it now and then, but I can't remember how I finally got him to go. There was a time when everytime we drove up to preschool he'd say, "Awww, not THIS preschool!" So I told him he was supposed to say, "Yay! Preschool!" when we pulled up. And for the rest of the year, he'd have a tantrum if he forgot to say "yay" but he always went in.
Deb said…
i loved the goose girl, too. she did a great job of creating an interesting imaginary world. very fun escapist reading. :)

sorry to hear about ashtyn's troubles. i don't know what to tell you since calvin never cares whether he has anyone to play with and jared's happy to follow anyone around. we're yet to deal with this, but i hope she feels better about it soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet