The Adventures of Raegan




So, on Tuesday I was eating my usual oatmeal breakfast and Raegan was eating her usual Cheerios when, out of nowhere, she grabs my bowl and my oatmeal and starts shoveling it in. It surprised me so much that I gave her my bowl for her to eat the rest. She enjoyed it for quite a while, but when it got to the end, she raised it above her head and threw it, shattering the bowl into a million tiny pieces.

Later that same day I put Raegan down to crawl around a bit and hurried and checked my email. A minute later I hear her screaming at the top of her lungs. I ran into the kitchen and she had gotten into the cupboard under the sink. She found our dishwasher soap cubes and I guess she thought they looked tasty because she ate one! She had soap all over, coming out of her mouth and all over the floor. I grabbed a cup of water and basically threw it in her mouth to wash it out. She wasn't happy about that one, but what do you do? I spent the rest of my morning with a wet soapy baby and other floor to scrub.

Then, after the girls got home from school that day, Raegan was crawling around the kitchen and stood up with the back of the chair. She must have pulled thinking it would hold her, and it came crashing down on top of her. She conked her head on the hardwood floor and the front of her head with the chair. Her two little teeth had knocked her top gums and she was bleeding all over the place. It took a while for her to calm down, but she eventually did, and seems fine besides a sore mouth and a huge bump on her head from the chair.

Well, I guess she didn't learn her lesson because that night during dinner she did the same exact thing with the chair. This time she landed a little better though. Brian held her after her fall to eat her dinner and her little hands were just shaking. It took about fifteen minutes before she stopped.

I have had some crazy things happen with my kids (broken legs, stitches, black eyes etc...) but I don't think I have ever had so many accidents with a baby in one day! Looks like we are in for some fun adventures. (:

Comments

Cami said…
Oh my goodness! Well, if you'd had to go to the hospital for any of those, the rest probably wouldn't have happened. I don't know if that would have been good or bad. What a crazy day!! That little mischievous Raegan!

I used to keep my dishwasher soap under the sink, and the ONLY time my kids seemed interested in it was when our neighbors were over and then I felt so irresponsible I put it up on top of my fridge and there it has stayed! Also, the only time my children decide to wrap the window blind's cord around their neck is when I have lessons over and people can be appalled! It seems my children are only dangerous when other people are around to see it!
jenny-penny said…
It does appear as though you have an adventurer on your hands who takes a little while to learn the "hard-knock" lessons of life. :) Isn't it fun!?! Good luck, it seems as though your "quiet" life just got more lively. ;)
Joni said…
Oh my, yes, what will she be doing when she's even more mobile?! I can't quite imagine having to wash her mouth out from all that soap!
Christie said…
Oh my, sounds like she is a quick one. My adventurous one was so many years ago, I almost forgot what fun they are.
Jenni said…
Oh dear, that is a lot of craziness!! Sounds like she is a curious one!!:)
Julia said…
Wow, Raegan! I still think Ashlyn takes the cake during that nightmare week she had at the Drs.

So much to catch up on! Happy Birthday to Shaylee! Cute Haircut! Annelise got hers cut too. I miss the curls, but I agree it is oh so much easier!

I was missing you yesterday at Toysrus when they had their "Buy one get one free on Loving Family dolls" & Easter toys. Hmmm, Where's Brenda and all her girls?
Tracy said…
Oh, Brenda, all these things happen because you put her down. Just hold her constantly and she won't get hurt. Good luck!
ashlee said…
oh my! what a "busy" girl! i think she and keegen would get along really well!
Nat said…
I think it's never just one thing that happens at a time, it has to come with lots to follow! She had her share of bad things it sounds like.
Meg said…
What a day! It sure is tough to be a baby (and a mommy) :)

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet