Seals, In-n-Out, and Mission Bay



La Jolla was awesome! It was one of my favorite places that I have seen out here. Raeg and I got there around 12:00 noon and even the drive alone would have been worth it. It was actually only about fifteen minutes from our hotel. La Jolla is a suburb off of San Diego right off the coast line. To get to there, you drive through a beautiful canyon (of course not the huge mountain canyons they have in Utah, but pretty good for Marylanders at least), and then you go into the city of La Jolla which is gorgeous and very clean.




Well, we headed on down to the coast and found a great parking spot right in front of the coast line. Little did I know how great it was until we got out and right in front of us was the Children's Pool Beach which was covered with seals and sea lions!! The Children's Pool Beach is a little area right off the ocean that has a man made stone wall built in a half circle. It was originally made so children could come down and play in the ocean, but they could be kept from the dangers of the big waves. Soon after they built it, they seals and sea lions took it over and now it is their home. It was amazing to sea seals in the wild! I could have watched them sun bathe forever, but Raegy was just interested in the little doggie right next to us. Hmmm... oh well. Anyway, I got some great pictures that I will post later.




Next we strolled up and down the coast line and just took in the scenery. After a while I decided I better find my girls the souvenir that I have been looking for (hooded sweatshirts), so we went shopping again. Just a couple of blocks up from the coast line are dozens of fun shops. You could spend a ton of money here if you wanted. We strolled up and down and I finally found what I wanted. We then stopped at a sandwich shop for a turkey sandwich (I was going safe this time) and a smoothie and went back to a grassy area over the shore to eat. Oh, it was beautiful and the weather was perfect. I'm hoping to show Bri La Jolla before we leave today.






We left around three so Raeg could take a nap, but she fell asleep on the way back and then woke up right when we got in our hotel. Oh, the joy... So, I spent the next couple of hours trying to get her back to sleep with no avail. When I finally gave up, we spent the rest of our afternoon with me trying to read and Raeg trying to destroy my book. So, I finally gave up that idea too, and we just took a stroll around the hotel waking up all the nap takers with Raegy's babbling. It was very exciting....ha ha.

Bri finally got back and we headed to In-n-Out Burger. Yes, the famous California burger joint that I have been hearing about for years!! I was very excited, but also trying not to get my hopes up too much because, well, I didn't want to be let down. I guess I kind of just expected it to be a like a fast food burger, just a little fresher (since everything they do is fresh, no freezing and they even peal and cute the potatoes right in front of you for the french fries). Well, let me just say, it was not a let down. It was fantastic! I loved the burger and it even compared to my Royal Red Robin Burger. Well, almost. It was probably the best fast food burger that I have ever had! Yummy, yummy! Oh, and the fries and shake were great too! Now they just need to get one in Maryland, right?

Okay so after our little burger quest, our baby was tired and cranky, but we had to go see Mission Bay, so we headed on out again. It was late when we got there, so there wasn't a ton to see, but it was fun. We parked in a fair ground parking lot and strolled up and down the beach for a while. The beach on Mission Bay is right by the board walk (unlike La Jolla where you have to go down the cliffs to get in the water). There were beach houses and shops everywhere! I'm sure it is a very popular place for kids to hang out. It was different from the other beaches in that it was mostly a party beach, not so much families. It was fun to see though.

Well, we headed on back to our hotel, put our sleepy baby back to bed and now we are on to our last day of vacation...

Comments

It should like you guys are having a great time! It is weird to think it is only the three of you! I am so glad you were able to experience a In-n-out burger! I LOVE In-n-out! I am excited to see all of your pictures. I loved your story about the shoe. Too bad it turned up, just think you could have gone shopping for a new pair of shoes! Now that would be fun!
Cami said…
You are such an adventurer on your own! I would probably hang out in the hotel and watch TV or something.
Joni said…
I'm sure glad the burger and La Jolla lived up to expectations! I wonder if Mission Bay has changed, or maybe at certain times it turns more into adult parties and less families. It's got a real different vibe from La Jolla, doesn't it?

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet