Fashion Valley Mall and the Boat House

Yesterday was my shopping day. Raeg and I headed down to Fashion Valley Mall in downtown. The mall looks and feels exactly like a regular mall, except it is outside and maybe a little bigger. Sometimes I even forgot we were outside until I would see a palm tree here and there or one time we ran into a swarm of bees (Ahh!).

We had a great time. I especially liked the huge Old Navy store (the biggest one I have ever been to) and I spent a little more money than I probably should have, but we sure enjoyed it. Even Raegan enjoyed it. For a little while at least. She was happily sitting in her stroller babbling to everyone who walked by. So many people stopped to talk to us. She made quite a few friends at the mall. One lady even tried speaking Spanish to us. Luckily, I remembered a little bit from high school. I recognized caliente (hot) when she touched Raegan's bare feet. I was in line buying her new socks (we keep loosing her socks due to her kicking them off). She was saying that her feet are hot even though she doesn't have socks on. I thought it was so funny that she was speaking in Spanish to me, and when she saw the confused look on my face she quickly changed to English. I've decided you pretty much need to be bilingual out here, or at least pretend you are.

So, we shopped for a few hours and then Raegy and I both got really tired, so we decided to come back to the hotel for a little siesta. It was awesome! I can't tell you how long it has been since I have had nap during the day (except on Sunday afternoons when Bri takes the kids for me of course!).

After our little nap, Bri came back and we headed out to the Boat House. Okay, so the Boat House is another tradition of Brian's that he has been dying to take me to. If we didn't get to do anything else but this, he would have been happy. It's a little restaurant that is located close to the airport, that looks out over all the hundreds of boats docked on the shore. It's a beautiful scene, but the best part about it is that it has Lobster Wednesday. Lobster Wednesday is a huge lobster that you can have for dinner for just 11 bucks, on Wednesdays that is. I have actually never ordered Lobster, so he was ecstatic about me trying it. He obviously loves it.



This picture is taken in our car of all the over passes that were stacked on top of eachother. We counted about six in one area!






When we got to the Boat House they said the wait would be about twenty minutes. Well, it ended up being about forty minutes (which was okay). When we finally got seated it took another fifteen minutes to order and then we had to wait again. By this time Raegan was getting grumpier and grumpier. I knew she wouldn't be able to last much longer. About half an hour later, we watched our order come out and being served to the table next to us. Apparently, we had ordered the same thing and so it mistakenly been given to them. I would have blown it off, but Raegan was not going to last much longer so I went and talked to our server and he was very apologetic and quickly come out with our lobsters. Raegan now had had enough and put her head down on the table to fall asleep. So basically, I had to stand and hold her while Bri ate his, and then we switched while I ate mine. We found out that they had run out of lobster (just after our order) and that was only the second time ever that that had happened. Phew!!



Anyway, despite all the trouble, it was so yummy and we were so glad that it all worked out in the end. We were planning on going to the Gas Lamp after our meal, but by then it was too late so we headed on back to the hotel.

Today I am going to explore La Jolla while Brian is at class, and then when he meets up with us, we will head to In and Out for dinner (I will be sure to mention you Joni!) and then to Mission Bay. So, on to another day...

Comments

Cami said…
Oooh, I hate when they forget you at restaurants. Ugh. But the rest sounds fun and stuff! Why is it that we must always shop while on vacation?
Joni said…
You are being so good! You are following my advice to the letter! I'm glad you liked Fashion Valley. I was worried that it actually might be a bit of a letdown. I have such good memories of it since I haven't been to a mall in over two years.

I think I know about the Boat House. I like that part of town. I'm just so jealous of all your fabulous posts. Oh, to tool around San Diego with one cute little baby and plenty of time. Make sure you get a shake at In-N-Out and you can order your onions grilled if you like them that way, too:)
Mendy said…
Brenda, it sounds like you are just having so much fun! I am a little jealous. You deserve it, though. I saw your girls and their grandma at Weis yesterday. They all seemed to be enjoying each other.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Club Feet

Brynley Anne Whipple