There Goes the Hair...

Shaylee has been begging to get her hair cut for, hmmm... a year or so. We have cut it many times before, but never short, and boy can she grow it back fast. Most of the time I give her the hair cut (I'm a little too cheap to go to the salon) and most of the time I cut off at least three inches. It is amazing how much hair this girl has though! It is so thick and grows so fast.

Well, after months of hearing how hot her hair was making her neck, Brian reluctantly gave in (yes, he is the one who had the hardest time letting it go) and decided she could cut it in the summer when it gets hot. Well, that didn't stop the complaints. I don't know if he got tired of hearing it, or if he got tired of combing her hair after baths, but he surprised us all and on her birthday gave her a coupon that said she could get it cut whenever she wants, no waiting until summer. Shay was ecstatic.

I told her we could even go to Cartoon Cuts to get it done (I know, I know, don't brake the bank!). Anyway, we finally did it yesterday and it was the best thing we have done for her and for us in a long time. I have to say, I was a little more emotional than I thought I would be. I mean, seven inches of beautiful thick hair!!! The hair stylist had no idea how big of deal this was. She just casually chopped it off and didn't even flinch. I was dying! But, I had no need to fear because it looks great. It fits her personality so well and the best part about it is that Shay loves it!





So, here's to no more snarls, no more blow drying for fifteen minutes, no more syrupy, sticky hair, no more globs and globs of conditioner, no more people getting her mixed up with her older sister, and no more complaints!

Comments

Tracy said…
Oh, she looks so cute! That was very nice of you and Brian. I still Sophia no when she asks to cut her hair short. Now she's going to ask more when she sees Shaylee. If I do it, I'll take her to Tatyana, because she'll be very sensitive to me, knowing how hard it would be. She looks great!
Scarlett said…
She is SO CUTE!!! I love this cut. Don't say goodbye to goopie syrupy hair just yet, they still manage, but yes good-bye to the knots and waiting around for hair to dry on their backs! Great move. Taylor's been asking too for a cut but I'm not ready yet. Maybe your bravery will help me! :)
Cami said…
Oh, I saw her at church and thought how cute she looked! I bet she is so happy. Man, you should cut off everyone's hair. I can't imagine the amounts of it you get off the bathroom floor and out of hairbrushes! I remember that from having 6 girls in the house when I was growing up. It was crazy times.
Joni said…
She looks so grown up! What a fabulous birthday present. I'm only just starting to understand how things can be tough, like cutting off hair. (Pre-mommy days I would have been like, so what, it's hair! And now I'm right there with you, going No! Don't take the hair!)
Meg said…
She looks so cute! I got Jaide's hair cut short last April and it's just starting to look long again. I don't know if I want to get it cut any time soon. She's starting to let me blow dry it and even put it up for her cooking class. As soon as we get back in the car it's yank out that ponytail time!
Elizabeth said…
I love it! I think it's so cute.
Elizabeth said…
I love it! I think it's so cute.
jenny-penny said…
Way CUTE! I love it she looks BeaUTiFUL! :)
Kel said…
Shay looks great! It does seem to fit her really well, too. I haven't had to deal with any hair cuts for my little one yet, but I don't know that I am looking forward to it.
Christie said…
OH IT IS SO SO SO CUTE!!! I love it! Man she looks older with it cut. Hair is sometimes hard to part with, but it always looks better. I am having these issues with Tori's hair right now. MMM, Don't want to part with those curls until I know for sure that they wont come back with the humidity this summer.
Nat said…
Way cute Shay, way to keep complaining until you get what you want! :) just kidding. I does look cute though.
Jenni said…
I love her new do!! So cute!! It was a bit hard for me when Sophie got her hair cut because it makes her look so much older, but I've loved not having to brush out snarls too!
Deb said…
it's so cute! i love it! i'm glad she likes it too!
Jann said…
She looks great. It does feel good to get a new haircut. I am glad she loves it.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet