Easter

Now that I am back home, there isn't as much time to blog. Oh, it seems like just the other day that I thought having just one child was hard (not that I still don't think it is) now I am just amazed at all I am able to do when I just have one with me.

Well, we had a pretty relaxed Easter day with just our family this year. We played a few games, took an Easter stroll, had a fun Easter egg hunt around the house, watched The Lamb of God video, and had a great ham and potato dinner. It was my mom's birthday too, so we had a fun chat with her on the phone. Happy Birthday mom!!




This year I didn't get Easter dresses, but my friend Mendy gave me a ton of hand-me-downs so my girls feel like it is Christmas, as far as dresses goes. I am so grateful since I am finding it harder and harder to find modest, cute dresses. The girls spent all of one afternoon trying dresses on and modeling them to me. My favorite was when Teralyn came running into the kitchen to Brian and I and in a frilly dress and said, "we've got Annie!". Bri and I cracked up. They had recently watched Annie and I guess that little part stuck out in her mind.

Two Saturdays ago we were able to go to the Ringling Brother's Circus in Baltimore. We got tickets quite a long time ago and were so excited (I think Bri and I were more excited than our kids). We had a good time. We saw acrobats, elephants, a tiger show, a dog show, horses and zebras, and lots of lights and noise. The older girls really enjoyed it although Ashtyn would have probably rather been at a friend's birthday party that she was missing. Oh well, we endured the crankiness and she actually made it to the last half hour of the party, so we were all happy. Raegan also wasn't so thrilled about the noise and by the end, she was done. All in all we were happy we went.


Comments

Tracy said…
Wow, you didn't buy dresses? I didn't think it was possible to get away with that when you were friends with Mendy. But I guess you could since she gave you some. The circus looks so fun! Glad you're back safe.
Cami said…
HA! We've got Annie. That's awesome. She is wearing quite a frilly dress in that scene.
Jann said…
What fun to see the circus. I love hand me down clothes. Our neighbor brings over tons of "name brand" clothes that my girls love. I love fashion shows at home with new clothes.
Julia said…
Wow, the circus. What a fun idea. I can only imagine your little fashion show of dresses. How fun. It does seem harder to find modest clothes the older they grow. Age 4-6 was the easiest age to find them... but now that Mickayla's turning 7 it's a different story.
Christie said…
I have always wanted to go to the circus with my kids, but we run one of our own every day, so it is hard to justify paying to watch someone else! :-)
Kellie said…
Ooh, I love the circus. I have many fond memories of that. And hand-me-downs or ups are the very best. So much fun. I'm glad you had a good Easter.

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet