Day #2 of San Diego...

So here I am again in my hotel room with my sleeping baby. Perfect time to recap my day yesterday..

Okay, let me just say that I love love love Gus. He is our GPS system. I actually thought it was not a real necessity when we first got him, but I am beginning to see the light. I spent most of my day yesterday going from store to store around San Diego trying to find a new stroller and I wasn't worried at all thanks to the little guy. I finally did find one after going to about seven different places. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but what can you expect in a crunch. I was hoping to get a sit and stand stroller, but I guess I will have to wait until we have another disaster with our double stroller this time.... hmmm...

By the time we had found a new stroller (after four hours of shopping), Raegan had about had it so we came back to the hotel to give her another quick nap and then I put in our destinations into Gus. Bri came back from his class an hour later, and we headed out to Old Town San Diego. Old Town, is basically a little step through time of, well, basically the old history and culture of San Diego. Since it was first occupied by the Hispanics, it has many Mexican shops and restaurants up and down the street. It was so beautiful! I got a few pictures (which I will upload later, I forgot my cable).

So, Joni recommended going to a Mexican restaurant in Old Town and that was just what we did. We were serenaded by some men playing banjos, and we ate outside under a canopy. It was beautiful and so much fun! Oh, and let me just say the food was delicioso! (Is that how you spell it?) We then walked up and down the streets, and felt a little out of place pushing our baby and watching all of the St. Patrick Day parties going on, but we had a great time.

Old Town Plaza



Then we got in our car and headed up to see the San Diego temple. It was beautiful!! And like Tracy said, it looks just like a castle. I'm sure my little Ashtyn would have loved it! We didn't get to go in to the grounds (it was fenced up because it was so late, but I got some awesome pictures that I will put up later. We also tried to drive up to Mount Soledad (which I hear has a great view of the city), but for some reason it was blocked off. We were a little disappointed about that. Oh well, we have so many other things we want to see so it won't be too much of a disappointment.

Cactus tree I just had to get a picture of.


Beautiful San Diego temple.



This morning I couldn't find my other tennis shoe. I mean, is there really that many places that you can loose a shoe in a hotel room? I searched and searched. Finally, we went up to the front desk and she basically laughed at me. But, just a few minutes ago, I was brought my lone shoe! I guess it had gotten all wrapped up in the laundry. I am quite glad to be reunited...

On to another day....

Comments

Cami said…
Ha! I hope there was an apology with that shoe. Laughing at you . . .

Sounds like you are having a lovely time! Way to go driving around. That sounds crazy, even with a GPS.
Corinne said…
MAN! One lost shoe drives me crazy! When you get back, make me a list of the BEST of San Diego - seems like you are seeing so much!
Joni said…
I'm so glad you got to eat Mexican food at Old Town! One of our best memories in LIFE has been the fajitas Jeff and I ate together in the perfect weather in Old Town. (It was after a brutal Utah winter and we were so happy to be warm!) Bummer about Mt. Soledad though. I wonder why it was closed?

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet