San Diego, here we come!!

Right now I am in a hotel room in San Diego waiting for my little Raegan to wake up from her nap. Brian had a class his work was paying for in San Diego so I said, "why don't I go with you?". We asked my sweet mother in law if we could fly her out to Maryland to watch our other kids while Brian, Raegan, and I went to have some fun. Well, she said yes and she arrived on Saturday night and Bri, Raegan and I left yesterday afternoon!

So, I know this sounds crazy, but we have never left our kids over night except once when we had just Teralyn and Shaylee and left them for just two days. I have left them with Brian once when I went to England, but Bri and I together have never left them for longer than two days!! Mostly it is because we don't have family around close enough. So, we are totally excited to have a "kid free vacation" (except our little Raegan of course) and also we think it will be so good for our kids at home to have some one on one time with their grandma. She is even going to read them the Little Princess! What a great mother in law I have!

Yesterday when we left our kids, they basically kicked us out of the house. I bought them a bag of new puzzels, games, etc. that they could play with their grandma while she was here. I made the mistake of telling them beforehand, so they were totally excited for us to leave so they could get out the goods.

Well, the flight was amazingly long, but we had a few good things happen in our favor. Our original connector flights (to North Carolina) were going to be separate and an hour and a half apart. So, I came early with Brian and was just going to wait around for a while for mine and Raegan's flight. Athe last minute they announced that they had overbooked the flight and if anyone would give up their seat they would get a free round ticket! Bri ran up there, and was able to change flights to my flight (yahoo!!!) and got the free ticket. We were quite happy about that.

Then, when we finally got to San Diego, we found a huge break in our stroller! So we went to talk to the airline and they will reimburse us for a new one. Our stroller is actually seven years old and has been used through all of our kids, so you can imagine how glad I am to replace it.

Anyway, it felt like the longest flight I have been on. Raegan was exhausted and not sleeping much, but did pretty well for a nine month old, and we finally got into our hotel at 2:00 a.m. (Maryland time). Exhausted, we went straight to bed.



Our hotel room (Oh, how I will miss the king size bed!)


So Now, Brian is at his class and I am sitting in a dark hotel room waiting for my sweet baby to take a nap, so we can go out and play! I have some great ideas from my good friend Joni (who grew up in San Diego) and now I just have to get my guts up to go adventure on my own. My first task will be to buy a new stroller. Then I think I will go shopping! I know, crazy for me to come all the way to San Diego to just go shopping, but yes, this is a vacation for me not to shop with four kids! I am so excited!

So, off to a much needed vacation from my crazy busy life at home! I will keep you posted of our San Diego adventures... (:

Comments

Tracy said…
Oh, how fun! That's so great you got a free ticket. That means you'll have to go on another trip. I've never left my kids, but now that I see you, Christie and everyone else taking off, it's time to realize they'll survive without me and go somewhere for a weekend. We lived in San Diego for a year and it was so nice! Enjoy yourself. You have to go see the temple. It's like a castle. You better come back with a tan!
Elizabeth said…
How fun! I hope it's warm and sunny. Make sure to take lots of pictures to post later!
Corinne said…
Awesome! It's so funny, because I think I am going to go to a conference in San Diego with Clint this summer :) I can't wait to hear all the good places to go. Have a GREAT time!!
Cami said…
I hope you have lots of fun! When Jake and I left the kids with my mom that was the first time we'd done it, and it was scary! But I'm sure they'll be so happy and have lots of fun. I'm glad you have Raegan to keep you company while Brian is gone.
Meg said…
Aww, I love San Diego! That's where we got married. I hope you have a really fun time :)
Joni said…
Wow, I didn't know you were already going. I'm glad I didn't procrastinate writing to you! Have SO much fun. Shopping with only one kiddo and in the sunny San Diego weather ought to be so delightful. Remember to eat at In-N-Out and to think of me:) (I'm pretty darn jealous right now just thinking of you and Brian out there! Are in the city itself? I'll be checking your blog lots!)
Jenni said…
How fun for you guys!! I hope you are having a fabulous time!! San Diego is so beautiful!!

Popular posts from this blog

Shay's B-day, Maple syrup, and Cryosurgery

Brynley Anne Whipple

Club Feet